Chapter 9: Kidnapper on the loose

April 10th - 2039

----------------------

Location: The DPD

...Files towering over files filled with amber alerts, criminals on the loose, drug dealers.. Sitting at his desk, one hand cupping the left side of his face while his right hand scrolls through the cases that appear to have no end, Connor glances at the lieutenant sitting at the desk right in front of him. Hank has an exhausted look on his face, gripping a mug half filled with hot coffee, eyes desperately trying to stay open. Breaking the silence between the both of them was the harsh voice of Captain Fowler.

Fowler: Connor, I need to talk to you.

Connor's head snaps towards Fowler's direction, breaking him from his trance. He stands up from his seat and makes his way into Fowler's office.

Connor: What is it, Captain?

Fowler: There's this case that's been getting worse and worse by the day. A group of shady guys have been lurking around the area, kidnapping people. More people have been disappearing every day and we haven't made any progress on it. This was originally a case assigned to Hank, but since he's had a lot on his plate, I'll hand it over to you.

Connor: Do you have any information on the kidnappers that could aid my case?

Fowler: I'll send you some information from a victim who escaped from them.

Connor: Thank you. When would you like for me to begin this investigation?

Fowler: As soon as possible, I can't risk it. They're a target for the FBI too, they're wanted for a high sum of cash. If you manage to capture them, they'll give you a huge bonus for it.

Connor nods at Fowler then exits the office and returns back to his desk to start working. 

Hank: What did Fowler want you for?

Connor: A case of a group of Kidnappers have been committing multiple crimes per day. The FBI is trying to capture them, but Fowler wants my help to aid the case.

Hank: Ah great, a new group of assholes are in town and they have the feds on their back.

Connor: I've been sent some information to help me identify them.

Hank: Well, best of luck. My shift is over, so I'm going back home.

Connor: I'll see you later, lieutenant.

Hank: Stop calling me that.

Connor: But we're inside of a work space-

Hank: I don't care if we're in a work space, Connor.

Hank leaves for home while Connor works overtime to try and solve this case.

6:00pm

Connor is back home still attempting to identify one of the kidnappers, but his work gets interrupted when he receives a call from Chloe.

Connor: Hello?

Chloe: Hey, uhm, Are you free right now?

Connor: I'm currently working on a case, why?

Chloe: Oh.. Never mind, Sorry for bothering you.

Connor: Chloe, what's wrong?

Chloe: Nothing, I just wanted to go pick up something for my friend, but I saw on the news that there's kidnappers on the loose, so I'm afraid to go out alone.

Connor: I could accompany you, I've been working for a few hours now I could use a break.

Chloe: I don't want to interrupt you.

Connor: It's fine, Chloe. I'll come pick you up in a few minutes.

Chloe: Thank you, Connor. I'll be waiting.

- Call ended-

Connor gets dressed, leaves a note on the counter in case Hank wakes up and doesn't find him there then exits the home. 

Location: Chloe's home

Chloe gets a notification on her phone from Connor informing her that he's here, she picks her bag up and locks her house before exiting the building. She spots Connor in the distance and enters the car.

Chloe: Hey! Thank you for taking time out of your day to accompany me.

Connor: It's no problem, where are we heading?

Chloe: Oh, forever 21.

Connor and Chloe drive their way to the store Chloe desires to go to. Eventually, they arrive at their destination and enter the store. Connor follows Chloe around, keeping an eye on her, she came up to him with two hand bags in her hands.

Chloe: Hey, which one is cuter?

Connor: It depends on what your friend is into.

Chloe: She likes dark colors and simple things.

Connor: Then the one in your left hand is a better option.

Chloe: Alright, Thank you!

While walking around the store, Connor notices a suspicious looking man eyeing down Chloe, he dressed in all black and had a hoodie over his face. Connor came closer to Chloe  and put his hand on her hip, Chloe turned to Connor in confusion, he lightly gave her the impression to look at the guy that was eyeing her, she nodded to Connor and let him hold her. The man went on a phone call, the android's super hearing could eaves drop on the man's conversation.

That boi sus: Hey, I found us a new target. An android. I haven't seen a model like her, she seems like she's a unique find, about 5'6 or maybe a bit taller, blonde hair, blue eyes and light skin. I'll send you a photo of her. There's another android standing next to her. Male. I don't know, but I think he may be her boyfriend or something, I mean I can see him holding her. Fine. I'll just send you her photo.

The strange man hung up the phone call and attempted to get closer to Chloe. Connor assumed it was to get a photo of her. Chloe noticed the man on her right, she softly shook Connor's arm to tell him about the situation. The situation was a little awkward since they were in the check out line. However, that didn't stop him, he pulled her in front of him and Chloe placed her hair at both sides of her face, so the only way to capture a clear photo of her face was to stand in front of her. The man began getting frustrated due to the fact that he couldn't get a clear picture of his target's face to send to the leader. The man was close enough for Connor to scan his face. "Sanders, Mark, Criminal record: Arrested for harassment." Connor sent that information to Fowler's files, informing him to mark this man as a potential suspect. They checked out and hurried out of the store into the car. 

Chloe: That was really creepy..

Connor: I identified the man and he has a criminal record for harassment.

Chloe: Oh how lovely.

Chloe: Do you think he's a part of the kidnappers that are on the loose?

Connor: I don't want to be so sure, but I sent his information to Fowler just to keep him in mind.

Chloe: Alright.

Connor dropped Chloe off at her home and waited till she informed him that she's safely in her apartment.

April 11th - 2039

---------------------

Location: DPD

The next day, Connor arrives at his work and heads to his desk to begin his job while Hank was in the break room getting some coffee to wake him up. A couple of hours later, Connor was getting bored, so he decided to scroll through some missing people cases. He saw something that almost made his heart stop beating.. A file with the photo of an android.. Blonde hair.. Blue eyes.. Name.. Chloe.