Chapter 6: Date Night (Sorta)

February 14th -2039

---------------------------

5:30 pm

Connor begins to suit up and prepare for his big moment. Hank is trying his best to comfort Connor and inform him that everything will be alright, he makes the decision to wear the new suit that his friends got him. He revises the instructions North told him about in his head before heading out, Hank thankfully stops him from overdosing on cologne. He doesn't miss a spot of imperfection, he's really taking this seriously as nervous as he is though, he begins to mess up a few of the instructions North gave him, but it's no big deal since Hank is there to help him calm down.

Hank: You know, Cole would look a lot like you if he got the chance to grow up..

Connor: Yeah.. I see the resemblance.. What do you think she'll say?

Hank: Oh come on, you're telling me you're still doubting yourself? She's gotta be crazy not to say yes.

Connor: Heh.. Thanks, Hank. I think I'm ready to go. I've got the flowers.

Hank: Go get her, son.

Connor: Thanks.. Dad.

Hank warmly smiles at Connor's response and is pleased to hear him finally call him "Dad" since he sees Connor as a son of his own even though he's an android, it doesn't make a difference. Connor grabs the flowers, jumps into the car and heads to Chloe's place. He calls Markus on the way there just to reassure himself that everything will go smoothly. Hopefully.

Markus: Hello?

Connor: Hey, Markus. I'm heading to Chloe's place right now.

Markus: I'm not even the one who's asking her and I'm excited.

Connor: As much as I'm excited, I'm really nervous. I don't know what her response will be, especially because I'm going to her house unannounced.

Markus: Oh please, she'll be so distracted by you to the point that she won't even care how you found her house.

North (In the background of Markus' phone call): Is that Connor?

Markus: Yes it is, North.

North: Give me the phone!

Markus: Ok ok!

North: Hey, Connor!

Connor: Hello, North. How are you?

North: I'm okay, what about you?

Connor: A little nervous, I'm on my way to Chloe's.

North: Don't be! Remember to play it cool!

Connor: Yeah, I'm trying my best. I'm almost there. I just hope she says yes.

North: Don't be so nervous, you're not proposing or anything.. yet.

Connor: What?

North: What?

Connor: ..Never mind.

Connor: I have to go, I'm entering the compound.

North: Oh ok, go get her!!

-Call ended-

Connor is a nervous reck as he pulls up to the security gate of the compound.

Security: Hello, visiting or residence?