Chapter 7: Would you be Chloe's partner?

March 4th - 2039

-----------------------

12:00 pm

We start off with Connor sitting on the couch with Sumo on his lap, Hank is fiddling with the coffee machine in the kitchen at an attempt to get his morning caffeine. A few seconds later, Hank joins Connor on the couch and begins a small conversation.

Hank: So.. ya doin' anything today?

Connor: Oh, uhm.. not at all.

Hank: You seem troubled. What's wrong?

Connor: I'm experiencing a new emotion.

Hank: Oh really? And what's that?

Connor: I.. don't know how to describe it, it's just a really blunt feeling. It's a very plain feeling of having nothing to do.

Hank: Oh.. So you're bored?

Connor: I guess.

At that exact moment, Connor gets a call.

Connor: Oh, excuse me.

Connor gets up and strolls to the porch for his phone call.

Connor: Hello?

Chloe: Hey, Connor. Are you free today?

Connor: Oh hello, Chloe. I actually am, I'm pretty bored.

Chloe: Well, I need to speak to you in person.

Connor: Alright, what's so important?

Chloe: I'll inform you when I see you, meet me at Hart Plaza.

Connor: I'll see you there.

Chloe: Thank you, see you.

The call ends with Connor mildly confused about why Chloe so urgently needs to see him, he doesn't question things, but instead heads back inside to switch his attire. He hurries into his room and gets dressed.

Hank: What's going on?

Connor: Chloe wants me to meet her urgently at Hart Plaza.

Hank: Urgently? What's up with her?

Connor: No clue, I'll just go and check what she needs, she implied that she wants to speak with me in person, so I'm assuming it's something that is not appropriate to discuss on phone.

Hank: ..Ok, take care.

Connor: I will, Bye Hank.

Hank: Later.

Hart Plaza:

Connor pulls up to the Hart Plaza, it got renovated ever since the revolution had occured, it has many cafes and parks now which made it pleasing for the civilians to forget the war's history of this place. Connor spots Chloe standing near a Starbucks with two drinks in her hands. He approaches her to finally figure out what she's been itching to tell him. She notices him closing the distance between them and shines him a bright smile, he lightly returns the smile.

Chloe: Hey! I uh, got you a drink.

Connor: Thank you, Chloe you didn't have to do that.

Chloe: I thought I'd get you one to smooth the conversation.

Connor: About that, what did you need to tell me?

Chloe: Well.. Let's take a seat.

They both search around for a table and take a seat.

Chloe: So.. My friend's sister is getting married and she invited me to the wedding, but there's a slight conflict.