Chapter 6 - UA

IZUKU POV

Today is the day. I have been waiting for this moment for years. Today I can prove that I am not worthless, today I will prove that I am not a Deku.

Shoto and I have been preparing for this exam for months, ever since we started cleaning that beach, we have worked extra hard and gotten tutors, extra schooling, anything to help us get in. We could have taken the easy road, just let Dad recommend us, but that isn't good enough. I want her to see me, I want her to see me be a hero.

Izumi got recommended by All Might, along with her friends, so they will be watching as we work hard, harder than them.

Our training didn't result in infinite power, that would be impossible. Every time that humans reach the point that we were at originally, they are met with a wall, a solid metal wall. Nobody can get through it, and neither did we. After years of training way more than anyone ever before, we didn't go through the wall, we shattered it.

All of our hard work comes to now, we have no idea how to control our new powers, and we probably never will, it is not our job to control them, just to use them.

6:00AM

I wake up to the sound of a blaring alarm, I smash it to pieces with my fist, 'Whoops, forgot about that.' I think as I sit up in my bed. 'I wonder what's for breakfast today.' I get up and have a shower, before getting changed into my training clothes.

As I walk downstairs, I am met with a huge scent of fish, 'SUSHI!' I yell in my head, 'Mom's sushi is the best!' I open the door to the dining room, and I see the whole family there waiting, everyone except for Shoka and Shoto, 'I wonder where Sho is?' As I think this, he walks up behind me, "Morning." He says to everyone and goes to take a seat. I sit next to him and ask what the occasion is.

"Today is your exam! We wouldn't miss it for the world, we will all be watching with the other teachers." Touya says, "Yeah, today is your day, we are all going to be there to see you smash that exam." Fuyumi adds. Natsuo just nods his head in agreement, and Mom and Dad agree with them.

I take my seat in between Mom and Shoto, and I dig in, but not before we all say "Itadakimasu!" The sushi is fantastic, Mom really knows how to cook fish well. Eventually, Shoto and I finish at the same time and get ready to go to UA.

Before we do though, we make sure to have one last sparring match. "For old times sake." Shoto says. We both fight with our full force, resulting in Shoto's victory, although he also passes out just after.

Mom insists on driving the whole family, so we reluctantly agree. In the car, Dad warns us that there will be more to the exam than meets the eye, though before he can tell us anymore, we hush him, and then we arrive at the front gates.

We walk onto the school grounds, and then we part with the others and head into the exam hall. We have to listen to some boring speech from Hizashi, which he does all the time, before we are handed test sheets and given 60 minutes to complete them.

As my head still hurts from Shoto's ice fist he smashed me in the chin with, the test is sort of blurry and I have a difficult time reading it. Eventually though, I finish with ease, and still like 25 minutes left in the exam, so I go back over my answers. 'Hero art history, genetics, advanced maths, this is pretty weird stuff to teach at a hero school. I hope Dad doesn't teach any of these subjects.' I think as I look at the topics.