Good guy 🚧

🚧Heads up, folks! 🚧

From this chapter forward, we're going full construction mode on the book! Expect some name swaps and plot twists that might make you feel like you've stepped into a parallel universe. So, if you want the whole, shiny story without any confusion, maybe hold off until my renovation's done.

Stay tuned—big reveals ahead!

The bonfire was still burning, sending his heat to the spirits already high from alcohol and spicy verses. It was already ten in the evening, my makeup had probably melted away, the wind and the humidity messed up my hair, but I couldn't care less. I was still shaken up by the kiss me and Michael just shared earlier and a little concerned about the amount of alcohol that has been consumed since I arrived here.

The guys never stopped. Each bottle they consumed was instantly replaced by a new one. Bottle by bottle by bottle - I lost count after the seventh. I knew it was wrong, everyone around was drunk and every part of me was screaming to stop this. To talk to Michel and drive back to the city, but I couldn't!

He was unapologetically himself, even if he was a tab bit on the eccentric side. Since we came, he smiled all the time, carefree and full of life, filling the air with his almost tangible energy, making rhymes on the spot, spontaneously, roasting every person around him in rhymes allusions and insults impossible to rebut. That caused hysterical laughter, excitement or read faced embarrassment for the subject of his well aimed poisonous targets.

No one could keep up with his brilliant mind!

"Man!" James laughed historically at the streams of inappropriate but hilarious jokes Michel was spitting. "That was dope!" He paused, softly doubling over with a gentle pat to his right leg. "Dope, dope, dope!" His laughter sounded louder that the crowd's.

He cracked jokes on everyone except me. That was both a blessing and a curse. I didn't feel embarrassed by being a target of his fixed arrows, but at the same time, that only revealed the fact that I was not one of them; that I didn't belong.

"I told you he was great!" Dug's voice caught my attention, interrupting my train of thoughts. With a small shake of my head, I turned my eyes in the direction Michael was standing and a shy smile came across my face, as I saw him laughing and chatting casually, his hands making slight gestures as he did. He really was amazing. "But I'm telling you, do not linger around this one too much though! He will get you into trouble! Cause from this point on, things might escalate a little." He bumped his shoulder with mine, a large grin spreading across his face, and I twisted my gaze to face him.

"Why would he get me into trouble?" My laugh sounded nervous to my ears, as I rewinded what he just said in my mind. From this point on, things might escalate a little!? It was a damn party. What could possibly get so wrong? Gosh! He must think I'm so ridiculously boring.

"Why would he get you into trouble?" Dug laughed a deep, hearty, almost malefic laugh as I saw Michael with the corner of my eye wondering towards us, a mischievous smile lighting up his beautiful face. "Cause Mike comes up with all kinds of stupid ideas when he's lit up! And right now, he's like a barrel of gunpowder ready to explode!" He continued, a quick flash of teeth glistened as he smiled widely.

"Well, thank you for the warning, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it!" I said, trying to seem cool, like I knew what I was doing.

"Have it your way! At least don't let him convince into anything. He can be really persuasive when he wants something!" His dark brown eyes were sparkling with amusement and I turned my attention to Michael just to see his reaction. The intensity of his ocean-blue eyes when they met mine made Dug's comment rang true.