'Cause this is what love looks like 🚧

🚧Heads up, folks! 🚧

From this chapter forward, we're going full construction mode on the book! Expect some name swaps and plot twists that might make you feel like you've stepped into a parallel universe. So, if you want the whole, shiny story without any confusion, maybe hold off until my renovation's done.

Stay tuned—big reveals ahead!

It was like a horrible scene in a gangster movie. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. I couldn't believe that right there, in front of my eyes, everyone was stuffing themselves with drugs.

Just when I thought we were on the right track.

For me, this was the most extreme and dangerous situation I have ever been exposed to. I was not used to this kind of entourage, my life was always so smooth and flavorless. What the hell was I doing there?

I inhaled a mouthful of air as I felt an invisible hand clasped over my throat; the first sign of the panic had arrived in a form of a strange discomfort in my chest and a feeling in my brain like excess caffeine. My eyes scanned the surroundings before settling on Michael; my look must have said it all, because he turned to me with a pained expression.

A good distance of about four feet was placed in between me and him, but suddenly I felt like we were miles apart. Suddenly I wanted to be oceans, deserts, mountains away from him. He rubbed the back of his neck and shoved his hands into his pockets, walking slowly towards me, and I winced. He was a moody man; what if he got into that bad mood of his? And then, the fear set in deeper, arousing the urge to run, escape, hide. I was afraid!

"You okey?" He asked after a moment, in a low voice, fighting back the smile that wanted to break out. While I was dead-worried, he seemed amused. Oh, my Gosh! He must think I'm such a prude.

"Yeah! All good!" I tried to be crafty as I hid my horror. "Look, I'm gonna leave now. It was fun, but I need to keep a level head for this interview I told you about!" I lowered my disapproval eyes somewhere on the sand trying to convince him I was okay with everything that was going on around me! But he knew I wasn't.

"It was fun?" He escaped a hearty laugh, eyes on the sand, hands in his pockets. "For whom?" He shrugged, amused, as I crossed my arms over my chest, face humorless, my eyes searching for something to lay on. "Come on! Live a little!" He cajoled me, grabbing my hand, pulling me closer. "Why are you so worried about? We're just having fun!" My expression was wary when I finally turned to face him; his expression was unreadable, his eyes seemed darker, his pupils dilated. Just like they were a few nights ago at the rap-battle.

How long has he been doing drugs? Was this out of control?

"Look, I'm gonna be honest..." My voice came out thin and distant. "This is not... uhm... this is not exactly my idea of fun, Michel..." I said, as I let go of his hand, stuffing them both into my jeans pocket.

"Yeah, I'm sure of that!" He said, rolling his eyes, a cheeky grin splayed across his face as I furrowed my forehead in confusion.

How is that even funny? How come he can't contain that stupid, large and annoyingly charming smile of his, not even at times like these. We were having a very serious conversation.

"Next time, uhm... we should grab a few books and some water and we should just came here on this beach and read." His tone was amused, and I glanced at him, only to see his patronizing smile. "It sounds like a lot of fun, isn't it?!" He continued, laughing at his own words.

A muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of my right eye and my mouth formed a rigid grimace. With arms folded tightly across my chest, I rolled my eyes in annoyance. At least someone is having fun!