Ready

Dixie POV:

1 month later:

It has been 3 months since the incident with Griffin happened. I didn't think it would affect me badly, until I started getting nightmares that felt real.

I could always feel his cool rough hands digging into my wrists, if I didn't give him something he wanted. The memory always played in my head, of that time, and when Noah didn't come to stay the night, I would have to call him.

4 am: (flashback)

I woke up shaking a breathing heavy. I felt tears fall down my cheek. I look next to me and remembered that Noah stayed at sway because he was busy working that day till late at night. Great just great. I grabbed my phone and looked through my contacts. "Noah Beck (baby ❤️)" it hovered over the call button. It was 4 in the morning and I was scared to disturb him but I called anyway. I rang 3 times before he picked up.

"Dixie, baby what's wrong it's 4am." I started crying. "I-I had one of those dreams again and when I realized your not here I panicked I'm sorry." He sighed. "Shhh it's okay baby, don't cry, do you want me to come over?" I wipe my tears, still shaking. "Can you?" As soon as I say this I hear him get out of bed. "I'll see you soon bub okay? I love you." I smile. "Ok, love you more."

10 minutes later, I here the door open. Run to the door and see Noah and throw myself at him. He picks me up and put his hands under my upper thigh, supporting me.

I wrap my arms and legs around him and dig my head in his chest. "Hey, I'm here now it's going to be okay. Let's go to bed now." He kissed the top of my head and headed into my bedroom.

He laid me on the bed as he took his shoes off. He got in bed with me as I cuddled up against him. "Thank you for coming so early in the morning." I look up at him and he smiles kissing me. "Of course baby, anything for you." I blush then place my head back on his chest.

I drift off to sleep faster than I have before. Being in Noah's arm made me feel safe because I knew he would protect me no matter what.

"So tell me Dixie, how have these dreams been affecting you?" My therapist asked me. I took a breathe and told her everything. "Almost all the time, it's like I can feel his cold hands grabbing me. Even though it never affected me before. Until now."

She writes something down in her book and looks up at me. "And your sure this has nothing to do with your current boyfriend?" I smile at the thought of thinking of him.

"No, Noah is perfect. He is the man of my dreams and I hope to marry him one day. He is the one who helps me with my dreams. When I am with him al my worries are gone and I fall asleep feeling protected."

She wrote something down then smiled. We continued talking an about an hour later our session finished. I was greeted by Noah outside and he rode him the chair.

"Hey baby how was it?" I smile. "I really liked it, finally opening up about it felt really nice." He put his arm around my shoulder. "That's amazing. Why don't we go get lunch?" I smile and nod as we walk toward the car.

3 months later:

I have been going to therapy for 4 months now. The dreams of Griffin have been going away and for the past 2 weeks I haven't gotten any. Noah has been staying with me everyday for the last 4 months. It was nice to have him around everyday, even though he was always here before.

Today I finally realized that Griffin couldn't hurt me anymore, he was in jail for good and I had Noah to protect me. I felt peace and felt that I had overcome Griffin.

Today was my last day with my therapist and we talked some more. "I'm finally overcoming my fear of Griffin hurting me." She smiled as I said those words and as I grabbed Noah's hand who was sitting right next to me.

I lay my head on his shoulder and he kissed my head. After our session me and Noah head to my house to go have dinner.

As we were eating dinner, I found myself staring off at Noah. He has done so much for me and I don't know how to thank him. He has stuck with me for over a year and has been by my side. Ever since I incident happened, me and Noah haven't talked about where our sex life is going. We haven't done it in 4 months because he respected my recovery and he never asked.

After we finish eating we go to the couch and watch our favorite show, Game of Thrones. At the bed of the 2nd episode, I turned it off. "Babe why did you turn it of-" before he could say anything more, I climb onto his lap and face him. I pull him in for a passionate kiss.

He smiles and kisses back then pulls away. "I'm ready." I look at him and smile. He smiles back at me. "Are you sure your ready?" I giggle then kiss him again. "More than anything. I love you."

He evilly smiles. "Then show me." He picks me up and I giggle. Kissing me and opens my bedroom door by kicking it.

A/N: Sorry I didn't post this update sooner! Word count: 965