16. Trick Or Treat?

28th November, 2016.

-So no one told you
life was gonna be this
wayyyyy

-F.R.I.E.N.D.S fanatic hai tu?

-*claps 4 times*

-Haan ye Indian Idol ke
auditions dede pehle

-Your job's a jokeeee

-AAP MUMBAI (Nahi) AA
RAHI HAI!!

-You're brokeeee
-No wait

-??

-Except, you are NOT
broke.

-Yes, true

-In fact you are very rich

-Very rich

-Yes, you are rich you
have two Fortuners

-Hell yes, and I get 1 crore
as YouTube money

-Yes of course, and you
use cuss words and insult
people for money

-Exactly
-Tum sab gareeb ho

I exited the app, sighed and looked contemplatingly at my Economics textbook for a minute.

I need a break.

I changed into a more decent pair of t-shirt and track pants and topped it off with my grey jacket, took my phone, turned off the lights and headed straight to Yash's room.

"I am going for a walk. Thodi der mein aa jaaunga.", I shouted through the closed door of Yash's room and proceeded down the flight of stairs.

"Wait! I am coming too!", he said and I heard the thudding of the door.

He joined me in the living room and we exited the house together, not forgetting to lock the house.
Mom and dad had gone out for a while.

Winter was setting upon Delhi once again. People of Faridabad often dislike the cold, harsh winters, their hatred from my favourite season radiating off just like the warm heaters buzzing at the evening at their homes.
I have always loved winter, partly because I resonate with the season.
The cold, brutal winds blowing on my face, contradictory to the warm, cozy afternoons of the time just before the hot, blazing summer and the swishing sounds they make are often music to my ears, which gradually become tomato red from the cold.
So, as Yash and I strolled past our neighborhood, I let the brutality of the night winds settle upon me.

But Yash on the other hand, shuddered with each breeze.
"Why do you get such brilliant ideas of night walks at times like this only?", he 'brr'ed just as another wind blew in our direction.

"You invited yourself to join.", I shrugged.

He looked at me contemplatingly and said, "Well, I wanted to talk to you about something that I have been meaning to tell you for a long time."