Chapter 21

ʟᴇᴏɴᴀ

It was Halloween. And I was invited to a Halloween costume party.

This one was hosted by Victor. For celebrating his love for Aria. Actually, they were both hosts of this party. And Nathan told me that Ryan was the one to help Victor book a guest house for this party. So, simply stating, it was a Ryan Keller's party.

Number of people were invited in this one. Our whole gang got an invite from Aria. While Ryan and Nathan got invited by Victor.

Speaking of Ryan, I am glad he understood why I needed space. It was overwhelming and too rapid. Like I am aware people are not this scare of sleeping with someone. But this is my first time. And I want it to be memorable.

As of that day, Ryan really did give me my space. And took care of me. We did make out a little bit here and there. But that was it. No frisky moments.

After that we both got busy with our classes. And when we met again, Nathan was back. So, we rarely got to kiss as Ryan refused to look at me in presence of Nathan.

I guess, he was stalling to give me time to think about us.

Anyway, back to the party.

Audrey suggested I carpool with Harry and her. While Eva and Wendy were going together with their boyfriends. I had to agree with her as they are still unaware of me knowing Ryan personally.

I just kept it from them. As they might get paranoid by how notorious Ryan is around campus. So, I think Ryan and I should remain a secret. Until Ryan himself wants to introduce me amongst his friends.

For the party, I bought myself a Wonder Woman bodysuit from the animated series. Because I loved her as a child. And always wanted to dress up as her. Now it's my opportunity.

I spotted a costume shop months ago, and got this suit customize for me

I spotted a costume shop months ago, and got this suit customize for me. But I must lie to my friends that this is rented. As they may suspect, why on the earth am I wasting my money on a costume?

My phone rang, and I knew it was Audrey. She must be here to get me. Pressing it on my ear, I heard.

"We are here..." Audrey announced in a loud voice. Then cut off the line.

I was ready, so I went outside to spot a silver coupe waiting for me. Going for the backseat, I entered inside.

Harry was in an orange prisoner's outfit. With most of the buttons undone. Whereas, Audrey was a sexy policewoman. Wearing navy-blue bodysuit and fishnet tights up to her mid-thigh. She had a police hat on her. And handcuffs, swaying by her waist.

"OMG Officer Audrey... I see you got someone today..."

I acted, winking at Audrey. She flipped her browns, and faced me from the passenger seat.

"Mm-hmm... Just caught this sexy thief stealing..." She gave a faint chortle, raking a bunch of Harry's hair.

"I just stole your heart..." Harry coy at her. His dark gazes turned at my direction. And he innocently babbled, "Wonder Woman, do you think stealing someone's heart is a crime?"