Chapter 17~ the darkness

Just when I was about to take a nap, Laura came storming into my room. "Dad told me to tell you that you should go to his office. He needs to discuss something with you", she explained.

Can't I rest for at least 5 minutes? Ahhh, I hate this. I stood up and walked to Nicolas's office. I knocked on the door but no response. "Hello?" The door wasn't closed probably so I opened it.

"Oh my god, my eyes!" I covered my eyes as fast as I could. "Andrea, what are you doing here?!" Sarah shrieked. "Just act like I was never here. Keep doing... your thing", I stated while searching for the door handle. When I finally found it, I closed the door. I leaned against the wall and sighed. I can't get that image out of my head. It just makes me wanna throw up. "Are you okay?" Mateo said running towards me. "I heard someone scream and I thought something happened." "Yeah a lot of things happened in that office. Nicolas and Sarah are very busy", I stated. "Very Busy", I repeated. He started to laugh which also made me laugh. Suddenly he stopped laughing and looked at me. "I never noticed you had freckles." "Nobody notices", I replied. "How did you get that mark?" He noticed the mark on my arm. The one Antonio made. "Oh that. It's a long story." "Did you eat after training?"

"No, I'm not really hungry." "That's not very healthy." "It's not like I'm starving myself I'm just not hungry."

Sarah came out of the office looking all rough and breathing heavily. "You can enter the office now." Mateo cleared his throat. I walked into the office and Mateo followed. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes. There is a gala next week and you'll need a date. I'll introduce you to a few men."

"What if I don't want to go?"

"You have to go, Andrea. I want to introduce you to a few sons of my friends and my sister. They really want to meet you."

I hesitated for a while cuz I'm afraid Antonio might be there too but accepted it anyway. I'll just dye my hair blond or something. I'm sure he won't recognize me. Mateo didn't look very happy when he heard Nicolas is going to introduce me to a few men. "Mateo, you go to. I need you to protect Laura and Andrea. Perhaps you can take Vanessa with you", Nicolas added. Mateo nodded and left the office. "You can sit here. I'll tell my secretary to bring the gentlemen in. Four men entered the office. Why is everyone so tall and big. I wonder if... No, Andrea. Not the time to think about that. Hmm, the one with black hair looks nice. He got grey eyes too. Perfect. "Him. With the black hair."

"I knew you'd choose Thomas. Thomas, meet Andrea. Andrea, meet Thomas", Nicolas spoke. 

Thomas kissed my hand and smiled. The other men left the office. "Be here at 7 tomorrow, am I clear? Don't be late."

"Of course, sir."

"You may leave now."

"So am I done here?"

"Yes, you can leave too."

A week has passed by and the gala was in 2 hours. I dyed my hair blonde and got my nails done. I dyed my hair in case Antonio would be there he wouldn't notice me.

MY DRESS

Mateo, Laura and Thomas waited for me at the front door

Mateo, Laura and Thomas waited for me at the front door. When I walked down the stairs Mateo was looking at Thomas, facing his back at me. Thomas looked at me with sparkles in his eyes. I slowly watched Mateo turning around. When he saw me his eyes widened. Thomas came to me and grabbed my hand. "You look... amazing."

"Thank you" I blushed. Mateo's jawline got tighter than it already was. He clearly didn't like Thomas. For what reason? I don't know. We got into the limousine and took off.

When we finally pulled up at the gala, there were about 600 people gathering at the entrance. When we got out everyone looked at us. "Is that who I think it is?" I heard someone whisper. 

"Yeah, that's her. That's the missing mafia princess."

What are they talking about? Besides, where are Nicolas and Sarah? Then suddenly all eyes were fixed on a car that approached. "That's him! That's Antonio and Rafael", someone exclaimed. My heart started to pound so hard it almost bounced out of my chest. "You okay?"

Mateo noticed that I was getting hella nervous cuz I started biting my nails. When they stepped out of the car, my blood temperature was definitely rising. W-who is that? 

Antonio stepped out of the car and held Rosa's hand and Rafael stepped out of the car holding another girl's hand. I felt this sharp pain in my chest. Is this what heartbreak feels like? How could he move on like that? He doesn't even care where I am? I just disappear and he's like oh okay I'll get someone else? That's it. My hate towards the D'omicano's reached its limit. I balled my hands up into fists as we walked inside. Why would my father who hates the D'omicano's the most invite them? 

When entered the big hall and took a seat. "Everyone here looks so fine. I feel like getting laid tonight" Laura spoke. "Don't even think about it", Mateo warned. "Ugh, you're such a dad" she sighed. Antonio and Rafael took a seat at the table behind us. I can't wait to break Rafael's bones. "Attention please", Nicolas spoke through the mic. 

"Thank you all for coming, but first I'd like to introduce you to my daughter who has been missing for 23 years."

Everyone looked at our table. I literally wanted t shit in my pants right now. I grabbed Mateo's hand and begged him to come with me because I was too nervous to go alone. When we walked up the stage I trembled. Mateo caressed my back to calm me down. "Andrea, my daughter. I leave everything to you. The mafia, my properties, everything. I know you can do it. I've seen you train for 2 weeks and I have faith in you. 

Antonio stood up and glared at me. "Teresa?"

"Sit down Antonio" I responded. "It's Ms. Vendrez now, am I clear?"

"First, I wanna thank my dad so much for doing this, but I don't think I'm suited for this kinda lifestyle. I'm pretty sure Mateo can do it way better than me. Besides, he's the one that trained me for 2 weeks now."

I looked at him as he looked at me. A slight smirk appeared on his face. You couldn't see it but it was surely there. I walked off of the stage and walked back to our table giving Rafael en Antonio a dirty look. "Ms. Vendrez watch out!" someone yelled, but it was too late. I felt something going through my chest. When I looked down there was blood everywhere. Is this the end? Am I really going to die? Laura, Antonio, Rafael, Mateo and Nicolas all ran in my direction as I fell to the ground. "You took everything from me! I loved him you whore!" Angela sobbed.

"A-Angela?"

And then everything turned black. Darkness surrounded me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the end of the story. I didn't feel like continuing the story nor did I want to leave it unfinished so I just ended it. Andrea/Teresa did die. Antonio didn't get the chance to tell her he loved her so did Mateo and Rafael. Laura had depression after her sister's death and so did her parents and everyone else. Angela... Well, things didn't end well for her. 

Thank you for reading this story and goodbye I guess