Chapter 16~ Truth

I rolled my eyes again and obeyed him.
"You don't think Antonio's men will let you pass through the gate, right?"
He laughed. "They work for me, honey."
"Work for you?"
"You don't know who I am huh?"
I shook my head. "You'll find out soon enough."

𝟑 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

"Where are you taking me?"
He completely ignored me. "Are you going to kill me?"
He ignored me again. I sighed and put the radio on "Don't do that." He turned off the radio and kept focusing on the road.
"Oh, so he can talk?" I said sarcastically. He stopped the car and gave me a devilish look which almost made me shit in my pants. He grabbed me by my neck and I could barely breathe. "What are you doing?" I said gasping for air. My sight started to fade away slowly. The last thing I remember was his evil smirk before I passed out.

I woke up in a soft bed. A woman with the exact same eye color and hair color was sitting on the edge of the bed staring at me with sparkles in her eyes. No, wait. They're not sparkles, they're tears.  "Ah, my daughter. You're awake", a woman who looked like me said. "Who... who are you?"
"It's me your mother, sweetheart."
"Sweetheart my ass. I don't have a mother. Now tell me, who the hell are you?"
She took a deep breath. "Andrea, you've grown so much. The last time I saw you, you were a little baby."
"Andrea? I'm Teresa. Why am I here? What do you people want from me?"

"We don't want anything from you. We just want"-"Good. Since you don't want anything from me, I'll leave."
"I...I can't let you go."
"You just said you want nothing from me. Why do I have to stay here?"

"Because you're my daughter. We look exactly the same, can't you see?"

"That's bullshit. My parents died ages ago."

"They weren't your parents. Please let me explain."

She came closer to me and grabbed my hand. "Don't touch me!"

She wiped away her tears and got up. "When you calm down. Feel free to talk to me."
And just like that, she slammed the door. What the fuck is going on right now? Someone else walked in. Hold on I recognize that face. Antonio told me about him. His name is Nicolas. Nicolas Vendrez. "You indeed look just like your mother", he spoke. "I'm no one's fucking daughter."
"Your parents were Amanda and Alberto, right?"
"Get to the point."
"Here", he said as he gave me some papers. They were adoption papers. Both my mom's and dad's signature were on it and my biological parents too. "Here it says Andrea Vernedez and my name is Teresa Costa. That doesn't make any sense."
"Read every single word out loud.
"Well, It says that Nicolas Vendrez and Sarah Costa are my parents and that my name was changed into Teresa by Amanda and Alberto." When I read it my lips started to tremble.
"We gave you your mother's surname because no one knows her and it would be better for your safety. I have a lot of enemies and if they knew I had a daughter they would take your life instead of mine. The time you were born, I was having a war with Santégo D'omicano. It wasn't safe for you so I gave you to Amanda and Alberto. Amanda is your mom's sister. She kinda had an obsession with me. She said she wasn't angry so we trusted her, but when we came to get you back, she was gone. Do you know how many years it took for me to finally find you?"
So that's why mom hated me so much. She treated me like shit because I'm the daughter of the sister she hated so much? "B-but if you wanted me back, why did you let them adopt me?"
"As I said for your own safety. No one would ever suspect anything. Amanda and Alberto aren't that rich. I was terrified when Sentégo said he was going to take your life. I told them that they had to take care of you for a while and when I came to get you, they were gone."

"This Santégo you're talking about, who is he?"
"He's the father of 2 well-known young men: Rafael D'omicano and Antonio D'omicano. Antonio D'omicano is known as the feared by the most feared, Rafael is known for his killing skills and success in missions. He never failed a mission."
When he said their names I directly faded away. Antonio's dad is the whole reason why my life was terrible. What if he knew I was the daughter of Nicolas and married me for that reason. What if Rafael knew too? My heart started to beat faster and I started to hyperventilate."Andrea, are you okay?" Nicolas asked worriedly.
"I... I...this is too much for... I ca", I trailed off. "Calm down, Andrea. I'm here, okay? You're alright. Calm down."