Chapter 9: Kick-Start My Heart

P.O.V: (Y/N)

You feel your eyelids open as you wake up from your slumber. You sit up and the covers slide off you as you check the time. It was one in the afternoon.

(Y/n): " Did I fall asleep, and for that long? Damn- "

You then notice that you're not in your bed. You look over to the side and see Lucia isn't there. Then the door to the bathroom opens, and Lucia walks into the room, tail still tied behind her. 

Lucia: " Hey there~ " 

The dots in your head connect quickly. You then fall out of the bed, grab your M1911 from the nightstand, and switch the safety off. 

Lucia: " WHOA! "

(Y/N): " Ok, tell me what you did to me, now! "

Lucia: " I didn't do anything to you! I just wanted to mess with you a bit! "

You look Lucia in the eyes and you can tell that she's telling you the truth. You flick the safety back on and lower your gun.

(Y/N): " You really thought that was a good idea? Ah...... At least you're telling the truth. "

You holster the M1911.

Lucia: " So...... Where are we going to go? "

(Y/N): " I'll tell you where. The place where your base is. "

Lucia: " Wh- Wait, you know where it is?! "

(Y/N): " Yep. Took some deductive reasoning, but the only place that I know around here that has the abbreviation of A51 is a military base near here called Area 51. It is an air force base that has been rumored to have alien technology, but it's never been confirmed. There was something back in September 20th of the year 2020, but that was more than a joke than anything. "

Lucia: " Uh...... Huh. Now that you mention it, I wasn't there when they told us where we were going to set up base. "

(Y/N): " Wait, why?! "

Lucia: " We were supposed to get that after we captured all the humans, but I wasn't able to come back. "

She leans on the door frame and raises an eyebrow at you when she says this. You can't help but fell a little guilty as she looks at you like that. 

(Y/N): " P-putting that aside, we're going to stay here and i'm going to plan the course of action I'm going to take. "

Lucia: " So we're going to stay here for a bit? "

(Y/N): " For now ye- " 

All of a sudden, before you can even react, the window, and wall explode into you and Lucia. You're both sent flying in the blast.

(Y/N): " GAH! "

Lucia: " AGH! "

You get sent flying into the wall behind you, and because she was farther away from the blast, Lucia is only knocked over. You look over towards the wall and see a squad of Mamano. Good news, the Mamano that were there, about eight High Orcs, didn't have their guns drawn on you, bad news, your guns were destroyed in the blast. 

????: " GET THE HUMAN!!!!! "

At least four Mamano run over to you and pick you up off the ground, and another couple grab Lucia. You grab the keys to your car and your phone before the Mamano get a hold of you though. You both are dragged out near the transport truck that they came in, as all of this is going on you are formulating a plan of escape.

Leader High Orc: " Another transport is heading through her soon, just take her, we'll meet you at base. "

Lucia is thrown into the passenger side of the cabin, and the driver begins to drive away.