Part 17: He's A Phantom

The Next Day

It was still dark out, and it was only about one or two in the morning at this point. You and Lucia were on a cliff above in black clothing, with you looking out of the scope of your sniper rifle at sizable armory that was being held by several Mamano army units. The perimeter was somewhat well lit though there were several spots of darkness. While your sniper didn't come with any sort of night vision or thermal scope, you couldn't know what was in the darkened areas.

Lucia: " What is it looking like? "

(Y/N): " Looks like some Elves, Cupids, and one or two Hellhounds. There's some spots I can't quite make out if anything is there or not. "

Lucia: " Sounds iffy. "

(Y/N): " It could definitely be worse. "

 Lucia: " And you're gonna head down there? "

(Y/N): " Yep. "

Lucia: " And I'm gonna provide cover? "

(Y/N): " Exactly. Your eyesight in the dark is great so you as my support would be optimal. Do you also remember the earpiece I gave you? "

Lucia: " Yes. "

Lucia puts her earpiece in and you put yours in. 

(Y/N): " Also, when you see the signal, that's your time to open fire and knock out as many as your can. I have the explosives on me as well. "

Lucia: " And after we hit this it's straight to Area 51? "

(Y/N): " That's the plan. "

You stand up and Lucia scoots over to take position. You run down around the side of the cliff. You had several pounds of plastic explosive which could be detonated remotely, a flare gun, and a silenced M1911 with tranquilizer darts.  As you got about one hundred feet away from the base, you get on your stomach and begin army crawling your way over to the side of the base. As you get closer to the base, you notice there are security cameras. 

(Y/N): " Gonna need to watch out for those.

You crawl into one of the darker areas you saw on top of the cliff. You stand up and unholster your pistol. You notice a dumpster there and you hide behind it. You hear footsteps as you crouch down to conceal yourself. You watch as an Elf walks by the dumpster. Before she knows what happens, you jump up and put her in a rear naked choke. The Elf struggles for a minute before going limp. You tranquilize her to be safe before patting the Elf down for any important materials. You end up finding a keycard that says level 4 access. 

(Y/N): " Bingo. "

You place the Elf into the dumpster before making your way to the main entrance, hiding along the way from Mamano and security cameras. As you make your way to the main entrance, you overhear some conversation while behind a crate in front of the door to the building.  

Cupid 1: " It sucks having to be on patrol this late. "

Cupid 2: " Look, you know how important this place is. "

Cupid 1: " Yeah, I know this is the armory nearest to A51, but still, it seems stupid that we need to be up now. "

Cupid 2: " You also know it's orders from Druella. She's scared of this guy who's been going around. "

Cupid 1: " Oh, you mean (Y/N)? I don't get what the big deal is about that guy, it seems like he's just a guy who keeps slipping loose from our forces out of luck, that's what we've been told. "

Cupid 2: " That's what we've been getting told from higher ups. I actually eavesdropped on some conversation between some higher ups, he took out Firehound AND Kunoichi squads. "

Cupid 1: " Bullshit! "

Cupid 2: " I'm not joking! He also took out a unit of High Orcs, an entire truckstop full of three units of the army, and even knocked out Daciana. "

Cupid 1: " So he's really not to be fucked with? "

Cupid 2: " Not a bit. " 

An alarm then goes off on the second Cupid's watch. 

Cupid 2: " Rest time. "

Cupid 1: " Finally, I've been ready to hit the sack for a while. "

They walk off, and you go over to the card reader. You scan the card you stole and the reader accepts it. You open the door and close it slowly behind you. You look down the hallway and see several doors with another large door at the end of the hallway.

(Y/N): " That has to be it. "

You shuffle your way across the walls of the corridor, moving to the other side every time there was a door or security camera. You reach the door at the end of the hallway and open it. Inside was a massive amount of army supplies and weaponry the Mamano were using. You being to place plastic explosives around while grabbing night vision goggles, C4, and other such things you were gonna use to raid Area 51. Finally, all the plastic explosives were placed. You place your finger on your earpiece. 

(Y/N): " Standby. "

Lucia: " Rodger. "

You kick down the door and run to the end of the hallway. Sirens immediately starts to blare and the intercom goes off. 

Intercom: " INTRUDER IN THE BASE! "

You kick down the door at the end of the hallway and proceed to shoot two Hellhounds outside of it. You fire the flare gun into the air as darts being to fly by your head. You look over to the cliff Lucia was on and being to see muzzle flashes from her sniper. You turn a corner and two Cupids are firing back with rifles. You shoot the two of them and they both drop. You reload as two Elves turn towards you. You throw a roundhouse kick and knock the rifle of the first Elf out of their hands. You sweep the second Elf and knock her down before firing a shot at the first Elf and following up by shooting the second. You then being the long run back to the cliff when Lucia and the truck were waiting. You grab the detonator and pull the lever. You only look back for a second as a massive explosion rocks the base. You look back and sprint back to Lucia and the truck. You hop in the drivers seat and turn on the radio and listen to the Mamano's transmission from the armory. 

Mamano 1: " MAYDAY MADAY! A51, THERE'S BEEN AN INTRUDER AT THE MAIN ARMORY TO THE EAST! WE HAVE SEVERAL CASUALTIES, BUT NO FATALITIES, BUT WE NEED HELP NOW! "

Mamano 2: " We're on it, sending medical and army reinforcements ASAP. "

You turn off the radio and turn the truck on. 

Lucia: " Is it time? "

You pause and catch your breath. 

(Y/N): " Yeah, It's time to finish this. "