Chapter 16: Mixed Emotions

Two hours later

You reached the car dealership where you and Lucia were both staying at as a base. You pulled the truck around the back and parked it. You and Lucia hop out of the truck. As you hop out of the drivers seat, Lucia starts talking.

Lucia: " Hey, about what happened back there. Sorry.... "

(Y/N): " Why're you apologizing? "

Lucia: " Because, you nearly got captured back there while I was out trying to find a running truck! "

(Y/N): " That's in the past. Anyways, nothing happened, so we're all good, and better yet. "

You walk to the back of the truck and open up the back of it. In the the back of the truck, was beer and other alcohol.

(Y/N): " You got us a bonus, so I can't really be mad at you. "

Lucia: " Oh shit! Is this- "

You get a large grin on your face.

(Y/N): "Booze? Yep. A metric fuck ton of it. Come on, lets get some of this inside and in the coolers! We can celebrate tonight with our successful raid! "

Lucia: " Yeah! "

You and Lucia being to carry the crates of beer into the dealership and soon enough the alcohol started flowing. You and Lucia crack open a cold one and begin to talk.

(Y/N): " I will say! We make a really good team! "

Lucia: " I know! I know you brought it up at the costume store, but we really didn't have the time to converse about it! "

(Y/N): " Well, I know we had a job to plan and carry out, but you're right! I didn't know in a fight our combat skills would be that compatible. "

Lucia: " I mean, I'm not a world class combat sport athlete like yourself. "

(Y/N): " You were still damn good. "

Lucia laughs.

Lucia: " Thank you!! That means a lot! "

You notice her tail wriggle in happiness.

(Y/N): " I also have to ask, what is that tail capable of anyways? I know it shoots those spines out of the end of it, and it's like another appendage for you, but other than a purely combative scenario, what purpose does it serve? "

Lucia's face turns red. 

Lucia: " Um! Well......... It's complicated...... "

(Y/N): " If you don't want to talk about it, thats fine! I don't want to pry! "

Lucia: " Well, i'll tell you, but, I don't think it's gonna be what you're expecting..... "

You hadn't read through the Manticore section of the encyclopedia yet, but you were intrigued by what purpose her tail served. 

(Y/N): " Don't worry about that! I was always told to expect the unexpected. "

Lucia: " Well, the spines are actually infused with an aphrodisiac like substance, so when the spine hits a male target, it actually stimulates arousal........ "

(Y/N): " Really? Then what is the opening on the end of the tail? "

Lucia blushes once again. 

Lucia: " Um............ I guess the best way to put it is that it's like a second......... "

Lucia mumbles the last part of her statement. 

(Y/N): " What did you say? I couldn't quite hear you. "

Lucia: " ........... It's like a second pair of genitals. "

She looks at you with a drunken embarrassed look as you feel your face going red at what she said. 

(Y/N): " Wait. So that like a second p- "

She nods her head while taking a sip of her beer. 

(Y/N): " Huh. Well shit. Hold on, is it embarrassing for you for me to be looking at your tail then?! "

Lucia: " NO! It's not like that! Most Manticores flaunt their tails anyways so it's normal for me to have my tail out like this! It was just a bit of an awkward thing for me to try and describe, that's all. "

(Y/N): " Oh thank fuck. I thought I might have to put on a list or something because of that! "

You laugh along with Lucia, as you both continue to drink into the night, ready to enact phase two of your plan the next morning.

The next morning  

You hear your alarm on your phone go off and you slap at your phone to try and turn off the loud beeping sound. 

(Y/N): " Ugh........... God..... My head........ "

You look over to Lucia as she rolls over to look at you.

Lucia: " Your head killing you too? "

(Y/N): " You said it, not me...... "

Lucia: " I think we went overboard with the drinks last night. "

(Y/N): " Ya think? I can't even remember the latter half of last night. Do you? "

Lucia: " I remember we had a drinking contest, You passed out, and then I blacked out from there. "

(Y/N): " Wait, we didn't do anything last night?! Right?! "

Lucia: " Well, our clothes are still on, so i'm gonna assume not. "

(Y/N): " Ok......... "

Lucia: " I'm gonna make some coffee, i'll get some for you as well. "

(Y/N): " Alright. Sounds good. "

Lucia walks over to the break room of the dealership. You can't help but think to yourself.

(Y/N): " Lucia's been so helpful with everything. I'm honestly thankful. I don't think I could have done most of this without her. "

Lucia then walks out of the break room with two paper cups with coffee in them.

Lucia: " I got your coffee right here! "

Lucia bends over slightly to hand you your coffee, you try to ignore her chest as her shirt exposes her cleavage. 

(Y/N): " Thank you Lucia. "

Lucia gives you a warm smile as she stands up straight. 

Lucia: " It's no problem! Im happy to do so! "

You blush at the enthusiasm of her statement, and all of a sudden you realize. 

(Y/N): " Wait a second....... "

You look back at Lucia as she sits down where she was once sleeping. 

Lucia: " Is there something wrong? Is your coffee too bitter? "

(Y/N): " N-No, not at all! "

You turn and take a sip of your coffee as you try to process what was going on, then it hits you harder than any other fighter has ever hit you before. 

(Y/N): " ............ Oh shit. "

You look straight ahead of you. 

(Y/N): " Do- Do I like Lucia?! "