5

Misaki, Zen and Shirayuki were on a cart heading out of town. The princess sat beside Shirayuki so Zen could sit beside her, teasing her brother a little. The people that were riding along on the cart felt weird to see the loyals in the same cart as them. Misaki gave them a smile, which brought another smile on their faces. She saw a little boy eating bread staring directly at her. She wave at him as the boy gave her a closed eye smile before looking at her red haired friend.

"Mount Koto?" She heard her brother ask as she listened. "That's the mountain beyond the sea, isn't it? What are you going to a place like that for?"

"I've heard a lot of medicine herbs grows there." Shirayuki replied, reading a notebook in hand. "Since I wanted to rebuild my stock and study more about medicine, the town pharmacist suggested a few places where I could collect herbs."

"Study? I thought you are already a herbalist." Misaki said, adjusting her bow.

The red haired girl look at her and smiled. "I am, but there are still a lot that I don't know. I have to push myself and work harder!"

Misaki smiled, suddenly thought of an idea. "if that's the case, then Zen and I can take you the forest around here tomorrow! Won't that be nice, dear brother?" As hard as she love watching these two together, she wanted them to bond. And so she thought that this opportunity is great.

Not knowing her plot, Zen agreed. "Sure. If that's okay with Shirayuki."

"Will you?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you!" She smiled to the prince and towards his sister. She then look over the horizon to see the city beautifully frame with the background as the ocean surround it sparkled by the ray of the sun.

"Clarines is a really nice place."

"Hm?" Zen and Misaki both hum towards her as she continues to admire the scenery.

"Everything about it is just wonderful."

Misaki did not know how many times she had smile today, but hearing her words really brought happiness to her.

"It's bright red!" The three heard the boy in front of Misaki said out loud as he look over to his mother with his bread in hand. "Hey mom, why is it so red? That lady's hair is so red!" He point his hand towards the said girl as he keep saying why out loud to his mother.

Feeling embarrassed, his mother tried to calm him down, attracting back his hand and scolded him. Misaki look over to her friend in concern, only to be surprised to see her smiling. She lean over to the sad boy that was scolded by his mother and said.

"It reminds you of a delicious apple, doesn't it?"

It brought a smiling face to the boy as he nodded. "Now I wanna eat it! Hey mom, now I wanna eat an apple!"

"S-sure!"

It kinda made Shirayuki panic to see the mother get distress by her son pleading for an apple out of the blue. The whole cart started to laugh, along with Zen and Misaki. The girl opened her small bag she have been carrying for her food she had snatch back at the castle and let out a fresh apple. "Here."

The boy glance at her and smiled widely before taking it. "thank you, miss!"

The morning had brought to a good start for the three.

=================

It did not take long as the three arrive to a city. The town folks were all busy right by a boat, some running some stalls selling fishes and others.

"Wow, this place is bustling!" Shirayuki said, loving the scenery.

As one of the guides, Zen replied. "People from various countries pass through this place. It's a crossroads for all kinds of cultures."

"Oh, Prince Zen!" It brought both Zen and Shirayuki's attention to an old man rubbing his hands together while another was holding a cart filled with barrels. "I recently received some very fine wine. Might I interested you in some?"

Hearing about the wine, it did brought Zen's attention more, but he is here for his friend as he politely decline. "not today, but I will come back later."

"Yes, sir." The old man replied as he then walked away with his friend.

"Do you know him?" The red haired female asked.

"He's a wine seller I met in town a while back. I've been buying gifts for my soldiers from him ever since."

"I see." Both of them continue to watch him walk away.

"Now where did my idiot of a sister went off to?" Zen murmured, a bit concern before walking to away, Shirayuki following behind.

It then brought a subject she had been wanting to ask. "Zen, why do you and your sister sneak out of the castle?"

"Huh?"

"In Tanbarun, Prince Raj always order his servants to bring whatever he wants to the castle for him." She continued as both of them walk through a bridge across the border. "I heard he throws a fit when they don't bring him what he wants. Everyone's sick to death of it."

"I can see that." Zen said, stretching as he took a deep breath of the air. "You said it yourself, didn't you? That this country is wonderful." He turn to her with his hands behind his head as the girl nodded. "I think so too. This country is full with wonder and has yet to discovered. That's why me and my sister wanted to see more. Wanted to learn more."

Shirayuki smiled. "Good herbs are needed for good medicine, and good lands is needed for good herbs. I wanted to learn more about this land and the herbs that grow here. We're kinda similar, aren't we?" Blushing, she stare at the scenery in front of them before smiling to him.

Zen smiled back.

"Hey lovebirds!" Just as things get romantic, his sister suddenly show up, running towards them.

Zen look over to her. "And where the hell have you been, young lady?"

Misaki pouted. "I was looking over some herb stalls over there. I saw some herbs Ryuu would be interested in so I went there to buy a bunch of them." She replied, showing them a bag of herbs.

"T-that's a lot."

"Ryuu won't mind. He does love creating something to help others." It came to a conclusion as she look over to Shirayuki. "Shirayuki, do you mind if I join you? I've been there before anyways so maybe I can show you a place where me and my little herbalist friend always go to collect herbs!"

"That would be great!" Shirayuki was gladly for the company. When suddenly they heard the crew on the ship said they were about to go out. The girls quickly made their way to the ship.

"Oh, Zen!" Misaki gave her brother the bag of herbs. "Make sure you deliver this to Ryuu. I left a note there for him."

"Great, now you two gonna ditch me here?" He teased them as Misaki gave him a smirk.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my Lord. But I'm afraid I have to steal the fair lady here for an adventure. Surely you won't mind and head back to the castle and finish the paperworks for you dear sister?"

The red haired girl laugh but quickly covered her mouth when she saw Zen flinch. "M-make sure you both arrive back safely!"

Misaki chuckled, adjusting her bow. "Don't worry. I'm all armed." She whispered, caught a glance of a boy not far looking at them. More specifically Shirayuki.

"Let's go! See you later, Zen!" Misaki wrapped her arm around Shirayuki's forearm as they both made their way towards the ship.

Zen watch as the ship started to sail as some folks stayed to say goodbye to the others that was abroad. "I hope you find some good herbs!"

"Thanks! We'll be back before dark!" Shirayuki yelled back, smiling. Misaki admiring the scene from beside her, she then look up to the Captain's nest above to see the same boy looking down at them.

'This adventure is a very dangerous thing to do by yourself, Shirayuki.' The princess look back at her friend to see her smiling with a blush on her cheeks. 'I'll make sure nothing hurts you in any ways as long as I'm here.'