11

Long chapter ahead!!

================

"How long has she been out?" A woman dressed in a white coat asked, beside her was a man with a beanie over his eyes and Ryuu holding the girl in bed's forehead, checking her.

"I assume when we were about to call for you." A maid replied, holding her chest in concern for the white haired girl.

The woman nodded and dismissed the maid before walking up to the boy. "Anything we can fix?"

Ryuu look over to her. "It's the same poison that will burn your throat, she must have pass out due to exhaustion for today. She seem to not have a fever, so the only the part the poison took is her throat."

The woman smiled, putting her hands on her coat pocket as the man beside her writing down notes. "You're getting good at this, Ryuu. I'll let you prepare the medicine."

Ryuu nodded as the duo left the room. The boy quickly went to the health kit they had bring not long ago and started working the medicine. After a finishing touch, he then made his way towards the girl and shook her shoulder.

"Misaki, come on. Wake up." He gently woke her up as he saw her eyes flickering before sitting up. Rubbing her eyes, she look over to Ryuu.

"Ry...wh..t y.. do--" She suddenly cough loudly, her words was raspy and hard to hear for.

"Looks like the poison is doing something to your throat. Here." She hand her a small cup of yellow liquid. Thrusting him, Misaki took the cup and gulp the liquid down. The boy lend her another cup of water for the medicine to flow down her body.

After finishing the water, Ryuu threw the cup away and put the cup of water down on her stand. "Try to speak."

"...T-thank you, Ryuu." Her words may be clear, but her voice was raspy.

"It might take time for the medicine took over the poison. In the meantime, you can rest now." Ryuu patted her head, wanting to pat her for a long time before heading to the health kit and clean up.

Voices could be heard from outside the girl's room as Mitsuhide and Kiki burst in with worriedness.

"Misaki, are you okay?!"

"Mitsuhide, don't yell." With a raspy voice, Misaki smiled.

"How can you smile after being poison by one of the higher ups?!"

Kiki grab her partner's shoulder before walking to the girl. "It's a good sight to see that you are looking well, except your voice, of course."

Misaki smiled. "You have to deal with it now. And don't worry about it, Mitsuhide. The poisoner will take their price."

The male guard sighed. "If Zen hears about this..."

"Well don't tell him today, even if he will know in the morning. Have you two know about that party I was just at?" Misaki took the cup Ryuu left for her and drink the water, feeling dehydrated.

"We've heard about it on our way to clean ourselves up from sword practice and went to the scene." Kiki replied, crossing her arms. "Some guards we saw have arrested a woman who can't stop arguing that she was a friend of yours."

The girl smiled. "She's the one who poison me. I actually knew that she would do that since I saw a bit of powder on the glass she gave. I just wanted to see what benefit she gain for poisoning me."

"A noble was here related to her, he said that their own kingdom have need to pay dept to the King. She doesn't want to do anything but to make the King feel miserable like she did, that's why she targeted you." Mitsuhide said. "Also, stop doing reckless stuff. It makes people worried about you."