17

Sitting on the railing of her room, Misaki look up at the orange sky. Finding herself not be able to sleep as she was attended to a few hours ago. She had decided to leave her brother in his thoughts. Knowing him, he might not want to see anyone right now.

She felt a presence sitting next to her on the railing, knowing who it was. "How are you settling in the castle?"

The man beside her find himself to chuckle, handing the girl her quiver. "Isn't it a bit late to ask that?"

The princess took an arrow out and was pleased to how well it was sharpen. She look up at the man sitting beside her and frown on the scar. "I'm sorry about the scar, I heard someone I know did that to you."

"Oh? And who is this person?"

"My older brother." Misaki put her quiver away and lean on the railing with her elbows resting on top. "He thought you were an outsider, that's why I took your little beanie away for you so the others won't mistaken you as a criminal."

"My, princess. I was a criminal. Until your brother took me in and I got this job as your aid. I'm not complaining though, I love it. Besides, I'm retired from all of that." Obi replied, jumping down to stand beside the girl.

"Do you really enjoy here?" The girl blurted out as the man beside her glance at her. "All you do here is be a bodyguard for me as all I do is rejecting tons of...marriage requests by nobles. It would be simple if I just accept one of them, but is it really what I wanted..."

Misaki sighed from her troubles since all of it had started. "...and because of my selfishness, people started to make troubles for my brothers."

His eyes softened in sympathy for the girl. "Does that explain about you got poisoned the other night?"

The girl nodded when she realize something. "...How did you know I got poison?"

"Words spread around quickly, Saki. I'm just glad you're okay now, but why do you strain yourself when you feel ill?"

Misaki sighed, bringing a hand up to her scarf and hid half of her face with it, avoiding eye contact. "It's not fun to stay in your room for the whole day, you know."

She heard a chuckle. "You're cute."

"Shut up."

The duo had a smile on each of their faces, looking up at the clouds as they pass by.

"...I wonder what he wants with Shirayuki, though. It might not be good." Misaki thought, feeling uneasy from why he summoned her all of the sudden.

"Probably about of her hair. It does have a rare color." The young man replied, stretching his arms.

The girl hummed to his reply before standing up properly and walk into her room. "Well, I better get ready for bed. Thanks for sharpening my arrows again. I really appreciate it."

"Sleepy already? Don't wanna spar for a bit?" He suggested but was declined.

"Maybe next time. Besides, it's been forever since I had my beauty sleep." The girl grabbed a white robe from her stand and turn to Obi. "You should too. Even though all you've been doing the whole day is sitting on a tree."

Obi smirked. "Whatever milady says." He playfully bow and jumped down from her balcony.

As she walk to the door and slide it shut as well as the curtains, her cheeks begin to go red as she recall what he had said. 'Cute...He did not just call me cute!'

The girl didn't know what she's feeling as several of them filled her stomach.

=================

As the day skipped to tomorrow, in front of the main gate stood a young man with light brown hair wearing a brown vase covering his white shirt, looked up of the castle. His hand hovering above his eyes to shield his eyes from the bright sun.