Helicarriers

A/N: Meant to put this GIF a couple chapters ago. Sorry.

Your P.O.V:

I walked back to the secret base. I saw Sam and Steve talking up on the bridge. I climbed up the ladder.

"He's gonna be there, you know?" Sam told him

"I know." Steve replied.

"Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop." Sam said.

"I don't know if I can do that." Steve said.

"I know I can't." I said. Sam jumped back.

"How long have you been standing there?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I ain't telling." I replied. He turned back to Steve.

"As I was saying, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you." He told him.

"He will." Steve replied. " Gear up, it's time." He began to walk away.

"You gonna wear that?" Sam asked.

"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform." Steve replied. Sam looked at me.

"What did he mean by that?" He asked.

"I dunno." I replied. "Anyways, I need a suit too."

"Can't you just use the one you're wearing right now?" I looked at the suit.

"No." I replied. "It doesn't suit me."

**ーー**

"So what did I miss out on, again?" I asked Steve. I held up my notebook and pencil.

"Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites becoming fully weaponized." He replied. "We are gonna breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with the ones Nick gave us. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, get past all the Hydra agents, and insert the server blades."

"That was a lot to take in." I said, writing down everything he just said.

"Is Y/n back!" Nat called out. She walked in, looking like Councilwoman Hawley.

"Oops, were we supposed to kidnap the Council?" I asked, joking around. Nat rolled her eyes, deactivating her disguise.

"Really Y/n? Really?" She asked. I laughed.

"I'm kidding Nat! I can't you tell when I'm joking?" She scoffed and walked away. Once Steve and I were alone, I asked him about Zola.

"Pierce said that you cost him Zola. I thought he would be dead."

"He is. He was just a computer." Steve explained. I sighed. "Whatever he did to you must've been for his own gain, to slow down his aging and possibly cure himself." I took this into consideration.

"Maybe so." I replied.

**ーー**

We finally made it to the Triskelion and made our way to the Project Insight HQ. I messed up the satellite dish so that the techs could open the door for us and they did.

"Excuse us." Steve said when the door opened. Maria, Steve, Sam, and I held up our guns. The tech held his hands up and stepped aside to let us enter.

"Thank you!" I said to him. I placed my earpiece and talked to Nat. "Are you in position yet?" I asked.

"Yes." She replied. Steve made his way to S.H.I.E.L.D microphone and began to talk to everybody.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." He finished saying his speech. I gave him a small clap.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked.

"You should write something like that later when you have the time." I said.

"C'mon guys, we need to get on the Helicarriers." Steve commanded.

"All right, whatever you say.... Captain." I said. We rushed to where the Helicarriers were being kept.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Cap replied. Yes, at this point I had started calling everyone by their hero name.

"I'll go with Cap onto the first Helicarrier. Falcon, you go get the second one." I said. He nodded and flew off.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Falcon said over the earpiece.

"You okay?" Steve asked.

"I'm not dead yet." He replied. "Question Y/n, what's your superhero name?" He asked.

"I was thinking 'Howling Justice,' but then I thought about something. How does 'The Howling Commando' sound?"

"It sounds good." Falcon and Cap said.

"Thank you." I replied, kicking a Hydra agent in the ribs. Cap and I began to fight the agents.

"Eight minutes, Cap." Maria said over the earpiece.

"I'm working on it." Cap replied. I knocked out another agent. We were able to get in. Steve placed the chip with the others. "Alpha locked." He told Maria. Getting the next Helicarrier should be easy. Right?