Hospital Stay

Your P.O.V:

Bucky's hand slowly began to slip out of mine.

"BUCKY!!!! I screamed as I watched in horror. He fell down the ravine, screaming. "BUCKY NO!!!!!!!" I continued to yell.

I jolted up, sweating. I looked around my surroundings. It was a hospital room I was in. There were nurses and doctors walking around.

"Hey." I looked up. It was Nat. She was one of the Avengers. I laid back on the bed.

"Hey Nat." I said. "How's Fury?" I asked, assuming that she was here for him. Her eyes began to well up.

"He's um, dead." She replied.

"Oh." I said.

"So what were you whimpering about?" Nat asked, trying to change the subject.

"I need to tell you something about my life before I tell you what I dreamt about." I explained to her about my life in the 40's and that I knew Steve. I also explained that we both lost Bucky and that is what I dreamt about.

"It must be tough, living without your man." Nat said. I laughed.

"So anyway, where is Steve?" I asked her.

"He's out on a mission. I think." She replied. I got up from the bed, slipped on my shoes, and started to head out.

"Hey where do you think you're going?" She asked. I turned around to face Nat.

"I'm gonna go find the guy who killed Fury." I answered. She shook her head.

"No can do. The Winter Soldier is like a ghost." Nat said. I raised my eyebrow.

"Wait, his name is the 'Winter Soldier'?" I asked, stifling my laughter. I continued to walk out of the hospital.

"Where are you gonna go?" Nat said. "You're in a bad condition." I rubbed my head.

"It's just a little concussion." I replied. "Nothing too bad."

**一一**

I was dressed up in my black clothes. I had put on some black fingerless gloves to go with it and my black utility belt around my waist. I wore a black leather jacket and army boots, with sunglasses that had orange lenses. I walked on the rooftops, chewing mint gum. It had gotten dark and the moon was covered by the clouds. I found Alexander Pierce's house. It was kinda fancy, and big. I noticed Pierce was taking a jog around the block, so hid in the shadows. I broke into his house and slipped into the kitchen. I hid under the table and waited for Pierce to come inside. I heard footsteps and the chair move. Someone sat down and didn't seem to notice me. I heard more footsteps. I heard the fridge open up and close.

"I'm going to go, Mr. Pierce. You need anything before I leave?" A voice said. I looked up from the table. I saw Pierce.

"No. Uh...it's fine, Renata, you can go home." Pierce responded.

"Okay, night-night." "Renata" replied.

"Good night." I heard Renata leave. "Want some milk?" Pierce asked. A foot kicked my back, softly. I nearly said something but quickly covered my mouth. I slowly turned around and peeked up at the person sitting on the chair. It was too dark to see but I knew who was sitting in the chair. The Winter Soldier didn't have his mask on. Thanks to the very little moonlight, from what I could see, he had a scruff going on. I also saw that he had familiar blue eyes.

"What the?" I whispered. The Soldier looked really familiar. I just assumed he looked familiar because it was too dark to see anything.

"The timetable has moved. Our window is limited. Two targets, plus the girl you told me about from earlier, Level Six." Pierce explained. "They already cost me Zola. I want confirmed death in ten hours." I heard the door open.

"Sorry Mr. Pierce. I, I forgot my phone." Renata's voice faltered. She must've seen the Winter Soldier

"Oh, Renata. I wish you would have knocked." Pierce said before killing her. I gave out a tiny, yet somehow loud, squeak. "What was that?" Pierce asked.

"Shiitake mushroom." I replied as both the Winter Soldier and Pierce looked under the table.

"Kill her." Pierce said. I flipped the table over and ran for the door. The Soldier was fast and slammed me against the wall.

"Na etot raz tebe ne uyti! (You won't escape me this time!)" He said. He pulled my arm into an armbar. I cried out in pain. I reached for my knife and gave him a cut on his check. It was too dark to properly see his face, but I knew he was in pain.

"Pochemu ty, malen'kiy zasranets! (Why you little brat!)" He turned me around and pushed me hard against the wall. I tried to reach for my flashlight in my belt, but my head felt like it was splitting in two. He wrapped his hand around my neck and began to choke me. He almost had me dead for sure before he loosened his grip. I slipped from his grip and ran out, but he followed. I tried to outrun him but he caught up. The Soldier tackled me to the ground.

"Ostavaysya na meste. (Stay put.)" He ordered. At least that's how he sounded. "YA ne khochu bol'she delat' tebe bol'no. (I don't want to hurt you anymore.)" I was breathing heavily. The Soldier stood up and held his hand out. I hesitated to take it. And I did. We stared into each other's eyes, before I began to run away.

His P.O.V:
I saw as the girl ran away. I let my mission run away. Pierce wouldn't be happy at all. So I took out my knife and cut my hand. I let it bleed and dry up. It looked like I had just killed someone. I returned to Pierce's house.

"Did you finish the job?" Pierce asked. I slowly nodded. He smiled. "Good."