Pain

Your P.O.V:

I looked up at the van's ceiling. There was a little fly, buzzing it's wings around the ceiling.

"It was him. He looked right at us like he didn't even know us." Steve told Sam. I wasn't paying much attention to their conversation.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago." Sam replied. I sighed.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." I could tell Steve was about to cry.

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Nat replied. I looked at Nat.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Steve said.

"He was there for the both of us." I said. "Even when we weren't happy." Sam noticed Nat's wound.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." He said. One of the guards pulled out an electric rod. I groaned. We were gonna get zapped to death. But out of the blue, they knocked the other guard out.

"Um, what just happened?" I asked. The guard removed their helmet.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Maria said. I smiled.

"Hey Maria." I said. "How's it going?"

"It's going good." She replied.

**ーー**

We went through the giant hole Maria made. She led us to a secret base. The walls were kinda dirty in my opinion.

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Maria told a doctor who rushed up to Nat.

"Maybe two." Sam added.

"Let me take her." The doctor said.

"She'll want to see him first." Maria took us to another room and I said this on everyone's behalf that we were all shocked, again.

"About darn time." Fury said. Nat took a seat.

**ーー**

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache." Fury explained.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor added. I smiled.

" Oh, let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good." Fury said.

"They cut you open, your heart stopped." Nat said, still in shock.

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it."

"Smart." I said.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" Steve asked.

"Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful." Maria replied.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust." Fury said.

**ーー**

I walked out of the base, wearing the helmet and suit Maria got from one of the Hydra guards, and she was right about the helmet, it really squeezes the brain.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Nat called out. I turned around to face her.

"I'm going to go save Bucky." I replied.

"How?" She asked. "Where are you going to find him?"

"I may have hacked into the street's security cameras and found the Hydra vehicles parked behind a bank. So I am assuming that they are holding Bucky there." I replied. Nat sighed.

"All right, I let you go." She said, hugging me. "Promise me you won't get yourself killed." I nodded.

"I promise."

**ーー**

I followed some Hydra guards with the same suit as I, and went into the bank's vault. It was huge inside and there was a weird light glowing everywhere. I noticed Bucky was in a chair while some agents fixed his metallic arm. He was also shirtless, and boy was he even more attractive without it (I'm not gonna get into details). I bit my lip and rolled my eyes at myself. 

Bucky's P.O.V:

I stared at my surroundings, while they fixed my arm. I saw that one of the guards walked in. I couldn't tell if they were staring at me or not. 

"Sergeant Barnes..." I tried to stop my flashback, Most of them brought me a painful feeling, but this time, I couldn't help but try and remember.

"Y/n! Bucky! Hold on!" A familiar voice yelled. I heard a female voice cry out the name "Bucky." The memory changed to a snowy landscape.

"The procedure has already started." A voice with an accent said. "You are to be the new fist of HYDRA." They said. "Put him on ice."  I saw my reflection before I froze up. I snapped back to reality, knocking out the agent working on my arm. Rollins put up his gun. I sat back down.

"Sir, he's...he's unstable. Erratic." A scientist said. 

"Mission report." Pierce asked. I didn't answer. "Mission report, now." He repeated. I didn't answer. He smacked me hard across my face.

"The man and girl on the bridge,  who were they?" I asked.

"You met him earlier this week on another assignment." Pierce replied. "And you supposedly killed the girl earlier this week."

"I knew them." I said. Pierce took a seat in front of me.

"Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century, and I need you to do it one more time. Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine, and HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves." He said.

"But I knew them." I repeated. 

"Prep him." Pierce said. 

"He's been out of cryo-freeze too long." The same scientist said. 

"Then wipe him and start over." Pierce explained. No, no, no. I knew that this would hurt. The scientists strap me in the chair. They then place a teeth shield in my mouth as they began to wipe my memories. The guard that was standing there took a step forward, their hand on their electric rod. I screamed out in pain as they began to process.

Your P.O.V:

I closed my eyes and flinched at Bucky's screams of pain. I loosened my grip on the rod. I knew that they would send Bucky to kill me. Properly this time. I began to head out the door before Rumlow stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked. I gulped.

"I'm calling it in early." I said in a deep voice. "Promised the kids I would be home earlier than usual." I lied. He nodded.

"Ok, stay safe buddy." He said. "Hail Hydra."

"Hail Hydra." I said. Gosh, how I hated the saying.

A/n: Oh wow. This is like the longest chapter. Hope you like it.