Chapter Eighteen

We could feel that the ground was already shaking from the Telmarine's catapullts heading towards us.

Peter nodded at Caspian knowingly and he jumped on his black horse. Glenstorm, the centaur standing next to us, followed Caspian back to the How.

I came closer to Peter and Edmund and we all looked at each other, with no need of words. 

Suddenly we heard awaited horn, just beneath the ground on which we were standing. 

"One" Peter started counting.

"Two." I followed.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Eight." I said.

"Nine."

"Get ready!" Peter shouted to the Narnians. "Watch your aim!" Susan shouted from her position along with the other archers.

"Ten." we both said and in this moment the Telmarine horses with their riders collapsed when the ground beneath them cracked and fell down to the hidden corridors of the Aslan's How.

I smilled to both Peter and Edmund and then I looked around to give signal to Susan. She nodded in  understanding and a second later we saw red arrows flying above us like birds and falling directly on Telmarine soldiers.

Suddenly Narnians appeared from our both sides, surrounding the Telmarines.

"Our plan worked!" I almost shouted from happiness and felt my soul rising again.

Peter and Ed smilled to me. Peter took my hand and said in a mature voice "But we still have to fight.".

I nodded and took out my sword and so did he and Edmund.

"Charge!" Peter shouted and we all headed towards our enemies with other Narnians.

And so the battle began.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly I felt a very sharp pain crossing my left hip. I looked down and saw how my armour turned from bright red to dark red because of the arrow that got through it.

"Oh, no..." I whispered but then I heard a Telmarine soldier going towards me with his sword in his hand and smile on his face.

I took my sword bravely and killed the soldier quite quickly. 

The pain was getting more and more unpleasent. But it all didn't matter when I heard a scream which passed through me like a cold wave.

Edmund's scream.

I looked around and saw Edmund lying on the ground and a soldier trying to put his sword into his chest.

"EDMUND!" I shouted on top of my lungs and ran as quickly as I could. 

"Get away from my friend!" I shouted to the soldier who laughed and probably thought that I didn't know how to fight.

However he stopped laughing when I put my sword in the middle of his stomach. 

"Ouch..." I said in pain and put my hand on my hip.

"You're wounded, Julia!" Edmund said in despair when I was helping him to get up.

"That's n-nothing..." I tried to smile although the pain wasn't at all 'nothing'.

"FALL BACK!" Peter shouted and both Ed and I started running towards the How.

Suddenly, I was forced to stop because someone grabbed my hand.

"Peter!" I said happily.

"Julia, your leg..." he said in a low voice looking at my left leg.

"That's... That's alright..." I said with trembling voice.

"We have to get you back to the How." Peter said and we started running.

But we didn't reach the How in time. No one did. The catapults destroyed the entrance. And we saw it.

We all looked at the ruins completely speechless and helpless. But our minds had to come back when  we heard Susan's shouting and we saw how she dangled from a ledge of the How, holding Trumpkin's hand. She let go of his hand and landed safely on the other ledge. I sighed with relief.

She jumped from it and ran to us all.

We all turned around and looked at the other Narnians who were fighting bravely for their Kings and Queens and their kingdom.

My heart melted under this special spell and I took out my sword and smilled at the Pevensies and Caspian who were standing around me.

They exchanged the smile and took out their swords as well.

"Let's go!" I said and we ran to the 'Telmarine sea'.

----------------------------------------------------

The amount of the Telamrine soldiers was incredible. 

I was out of breath after just half an hour of fighting. I was half sword-fighting and half shooting, using my old bow.

My wound wasn't getting worse quickly, but gradually, yes it was and so it was making it harder for me to fight. I could feel my both legs shaking nervously under my weight and my body was getting weaker and weaker.

"Oh, Aslan... Help us!" I said to myself in a begging tone when I shot another Telmarine.

Suddenly I felt the ground shaking. I looked around and the view I saw caused me to smile so happily that I completely forgot about my wound.

Trees were helping us to fight.

"Wow, you are quick!" I said to myself and laughed joyfully admiring wonderfully huge and graceful roots which damaged all of the Telmarine catapults. The appearence of the trees which were able to fight was also a sign of our another successful plan for the battle; Lucy found Aslan.

Suddenly I was attacked by one naughty Telmarine. 

He jumped on my back and put his sword on my neck. I punched him in his stomach but it didn't help. Surprisingly he got off me in a wink of an eye and I saw him lying on the ground; dead.

"No one will harm my friends!" I saw Edmund shouting at him with his sword pointing at his head.

I smilled to him "Thank you Ed.".

"You're always welcome. I paid my dept to you." he replied and patted me on my shoulder.

Unexpectedly I felt something lifting me up from the ground. I screamed but stopped immidiately when I saw that there was a branch tightening up around my waist and especially my wounded hip. 

I felt a sharp pain coming through my wound, but it was a nice kind of pain. "Thank you my friend." I said to the tree which put me down gently back on the ground safe and sound, with no wounds on my body. 

I saw Peter, Ed, Susan and Caspian looking in my direction with smiles on their faces. I ran to them and took out my sword once again.

"FOR ASLAN!" Peter shouted and along with Narnians we started to run once more towards the Telmarines.

----------------------------------------------------

The Telmarines ran away to the river and the bridge which they were building not long time ago. Bridge at Beruna.

The Telmarines were in a big rush to cross the bridge. We had nothing to do but to watch what will happen next.

Then Telmarines stopped running.

I looked curiously at the end of the bridge to see what stopped them from the escape.

Lucy.

I felt Peter's body shivering. I took his hand and squeezed it. I knew that Lucy was safe because of Aslan.

We heard Telmarines laughter spreading across the shore and I felt my face turning red from anger.

Eventually we all saw a creature we were waiting for for so long.

Aslan