Chapter Fifteen

"Nickabrick wants Caspian to resurrect the White Witch!" Lucy said in despair.

Peter immidiately grabbed my hand and I grabbed Lucy's, and all three of us ran to the Stone Table as fast as we possibly could.

"Hey, what's going on?!" Edmund said when he saw us running to the Aslan's How while he was chatting with centaurs.

Lucy told him exactly what she said to Peter and me few seconds earlier. Edmund took out his sword and so did Peter and I, Trumpkin followed our actions and we continued to run to the Stone Table; to save Caspian and Narnia.

"STOP!" Peter screamed when we enterd the room where Caspian, Nickabrick, warewolf and bird-like creature were.

"Get away from him!" I shouted.

Caspian was standing in the circle drawn on the ground, in front of the wall of ice in which was nothing else but white, evil face of the White Witch.

The warewolf, Nickabrick and the bird-woman attacked us.

Edmund started fighting with the warewolf and Trumpkin with Nickabrick.

I put out my sword towards the bird-woman.

Edmund must have hurt the warewolf quickly because we heard him bellowing loudly. 

I put my sword in the back of the woman-bird and she screamed in very high notes which caused my ears to hurt.

I turned around and saw Trumpkin killing his old friend, Nickabrick. Only later I realised that he killed him because Nickabrick wanted to harm Lucy.

I smilled to him in gratitude.

He bowed his head to me.

But where is Peter? And Ed? And Caspian?

I looked around and saw Peter standing in the circle instead of Caspian, facing the Witch who was enchanting him with her spell.

"Peter! NO!" I shouted and ran towards him.

Peter turned around. He seemed as if he just woke up from a dream.

Suddenly the ice started to crack and it completely exploded and eventually fell on the floor. The White Witch dissapeared once again.

I ran to Peter and I felt his shaking arms laying down around my waist. 

In front of us we saw Edmund standing with sword in his hand.

"I know." he said angrily to Peter "You had it sorted."

"Are you alright?" Peter whispered to me.

"Yes, are you?" I asked while touching a little stream of blood flowing down his eyebrow.

He nodded slowly and tried to smile, certainly still shocked about seeing the White Witch again.

I pulled back from the hug and went towards Lucy and put her in my arms.

Lucy suddenly broke from the hug and turned her head to her left. I did the same and saw Susan staring at both Caspian and Peter, her eyes full of fury.

As quickly as she appeared, she turned around and went away.

"Susan!" I shouted after her but she didn't stop, I had no idea what was that all about.

"We should leave her alone, I suppose." said Lucy in a calm voice and I nodded in agreement.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner, still with no Susan, Lucy and I decided to look for her. 

She was hiding behind the big tree not far away from where Peter and I first kissed.

"There you are!" said Lucy in a tired voice and ran to Susan.

She, surprisingly, didn't seem angry that we found her.

She even smilled to us when we sat next to her.

"What's wrong, Su?" I asked her caringly.

Susan sighed. "It's just... I'm just angry that Caspian and Peter would let the Witch to take their lives just like that." she said in one long breath.

"Oh, Susan, it was the Witch's spell, didn't you notice the ice circle drawn on the ground?" asked Lucy.

"No, I didn't." she answered coldly "And it's not just that..." she started again "Why didn't you wait for me to join in?" she asked.

"We didn't have time Susan. It was just an accident that Peter, Lucy and I bumped into Edmund and Trumpkin." I replied to her and then smilled "You shouldn't be cross about such a little stupid thing." I said to her.

"You're right, I'm sorry girls." Susan said and put her hands on ours.

We all smilled to each other.

"Now... What is it about you and Caspian?" I asked her smilling in an innocent way.

Susan blushed and looked at the grass "I...I don't know myself." she answered.

"Oh, you have to know! Tell us!" Lucy rushed her.

"Oh, I would tell you... but I just don't know!" Susan answered slowly and I laughed.

"But promise to tell us when you will know." I said to her seriously.

"I promise." Susan said and we laughed.

"But... I have my own confession to make." I said suddenly and blushed.

Both Lucy and Susan opened their mouths from excitement.

"Peter and I... we... kissed." I whispered quickly.

Lucy and Susan gasped with a loud "Oh!" and then they just couldn't stop laughing and after few seconds I joined them.

"This is splendid, Julia! I'm so happy for you! Finally someone will have control over our mature brother!" said excitedly Lucy in a sarcastic tone.

"Am I not the Queen already?" I asked them and once again we laughed, enjoying those splendid minutes of pure friendship.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Peter, are you there?" I said while walking through the corridor towards the Stone Table. I just left Susan and Lu under the tree where we were talking and decided to find Peter and talk to him, to check if he's truly alright.

"Yes, I am." I heard the echo from the Stone Table.

Peter was sitting on the Table and I sat next to him. We were both looking at the Aslan's sculpture in the wall, shadows playing on it, reflecting from the flames.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Yes, I'm just thinking about Aslan." he said calmly still looking at the wall.

I sighed and put my head on his shoulder.

"He will come, you'll see." I said.

"You really believe so, don't you?" he asked.

"Of course, I do. How can I not believe in him?" 

Peter raised my head to face his eyes, he smilled fadely and kissed my cheek gently.

I smilled back.

"Hello, there." Lucy appeared in the Stone Table room and eventually sat next to me.

"You're lucky, you know." Peter said suddenly to Lucy.

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked him in surprise.

"To have seen him." Peter replied "I wish he had given me some sort of proof."

"Maybe we are the ones who have to prove ourselves to him?" said Lucy in a clever tone.

I grinned to myself.

"You're probably right, Lu." I said to her and she smilled to me.

We suddenly heard someone walking into the room.

"Pete," said Edmund in a worried voice "You better come quickly."