Chapter Twenty

The following week was so magical and wonderful that words cannot describe it. 

We were all preparing for Caspian's coronation and therefore we all talked, laughed, danced all seven days.

By the day of Caspian's coronation, I thought that it can't be possible that I know Pevensies and Caspian for only few months, it seemed as if I knew them for eternity.

Susan, Ed and Caspian became my true best friends, kindred spirits to be precise; Lucy was like my little sister I never had and Peter... Well, it's obvious, isn't it? Peter was just like my copy but in a different body.

It felt so good to be Queen again... Laughing with dryads, playing with wolves and talking with centaurs and other Narnians was so natural to me... I missed it.

"Coronation day! Coronation day!" I heard Lucy's shoutings from the room next to my chamber, very early in the morning.

I opened my eyes slowly and gasped.

I jumped out of my bed and ran to my wardrobe. I took out my wonderful light blue, glossy, long dress with beautiful flower pattern on its shoulders; my old dark blue cloak and my ancient yet breathataking crown.

"Susan! You look wonderful!" I gasped when I saw my best friend waiting for me in the hall, just few minutes before beginning of the coronation.

"So I'm not as pretty as Susan?" said sadly Lucy standing next to her sister.

"Of course not, you are both beautiful and wonderfully elegant today." I said and kissed Lu on her cheek and she giggled.

"Look Peter! Do you know those three appealing ladies over there?" said in a funny tone Edmund, pointing at Su, Lu and I to Peter.

Peter laughed and looked at all of us admiringly, I blushed a little and took his hand "I must say that you look quite good today." I whispered to Peter's ear when we started heading to the Main Hall for the coronation.

"Thank you, milady. You look exquisite. As always." Peter replied and kissed my hand which was lying on his arm.

----------------------------------

Crowd was cheering and jumping when King Caspian, the Pevensies and I were riding on our horses to the feast on the other side of the palace after the coronation.

Caspian, proud as ever, was on the front; I was just behind him, as I was the High Queen, the Pevensies behind us. 

There were flowers flying above us along with grateful wishes for the new King.

Then the feast started and I think that I have never eaten as much as I did that afternoon. 

The atmosphere was splendid and we all danced with each other till midnight.

When we returned to our rooms, and I started to put my crown and cloak away, I heard knocking on my door.

"Come in." I said.

"Dear child, I would like to speak with you for a moment." I heard Aslan's voice from behind me. 

"Yes? Did something happen?" I asked in worry.

"No, dear one, sit down." he said softly and I sat on my bed.

"Tomorrow, you and the Pevensies are going to be sent back to London. Peter and Susan already know this as I spoke with them few minutes ago." Aslan started.

I gulped and felt my hands shaking "Wh-hy?" I said slowly.

"Because you have to start living your life normally, back in Engalnd." Aslan replied.

"But we will come back, won't we?" I asked him beggingly.

"No, you, Peter and Susan will never come back here, Edmund and Lucy, yes, as they are the youngest ones and still need to learn more about me."

"But why I won't come back here?" I asked him again.

"Because you know my real name now, and that was the very reason you were brought to Narnia, so by knowing me a little here, you will know me better there." Aslan answered.

Aslan's real name? Wait... Of course! I never thought about it but now... Aslan isn't Aslan, he's Jesus... Everything started to make sense.

I nodded in understanding and put my hand on Aslan's smooth mane.

"Will I forget Narnia again?" I asked him.

"No, there's no need for it this time. You will never forget it, dear one." Aslan said "You must know that you had much more privilidges than any of the Pevensies; you were here for longer than any of them or any other people that will ever come to Narnia." Aslan said and smiled to me.

I smilled back and to my surprise, I wasn't sad that I was leaving Narnia. I knew that Aslan was right; I had to come back to my life there and to help my dreams to came true there.

Besides, Narnia has a new loyal and strong King.

Aslan gave me his blessing and he came out of my room, leaving me with my mind full of dreams and hopes for my future life.