Chapter Twenty One

"So you know then?" Peter asked me when he, Susan and I were taking the last walk around our castle. 

"Yes. But thankfully it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would, maybe because inside I have a feeling that maybe I will come back one day." I said and smiled to both Pete and Su who exchanged their smiles.

"Even if we won't come back, our lives will be as exciting as they were in Narnia, I'm sure of it." said Susan and took my hand.

Suddenly we saw group of dryads coming towards us with bitttersweet smiles.

"Your Majesty Queen Julia, could go with us for our last walk through the forest?" the Blossom Dryad asked in shaky voice.

"Of course." I said to them happily and turned to Peter and Susan "See you later, at the Tree."

---------------------------------------------

I forbidded my dryads to be sad because of me leaving and so our walk through the forest was very enjoyable and I'm sure all trees in the forest could hear the echos of our laughter.

When we reached the magnificent Tree that I even rememebered from my Golden Age, everyone was already there; not only the Pevensies, Caspian and Aslan but also a whole crowd of Narnians. 

I smiled when I heard crowd's cheers.

Aslan nodded in Caspain's direction.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it belongs to a man." Caspian turned to his people "Any Telmarines who wish to stay are welcome to. If not, Aslan will return you to the land of our forefathers." 

"It has been generations since we left Telmar." a man in front of the crowd spoke.

"We are not referring to Telmar" said slowly Aslan "Your ancestors were once seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground upon an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that led them from that world to this. The same world as our Kings and Queens."

People began murmuring among themselves. Their faces worried.

I looked at Peter and he took my hand tightly.

"It is that island I can return you to. It is a good place for anyone who wish to make a new start." Aslan continued.

"I will go! I will accept the offer!" said in a decided voice... General Glozelle! One of Miraz's close 'friends'.

Everyone looked a bit shocked but people made a path to let him go through.

"So will we." said Miraz's wife with her son in her arms and her father by her side.

"Since you were first to speak, your future in that land will be a good one." said Aslan and breathed upon those three brave people.

Suddenly we heard strange noise from behind us. We looked at the Tree and saw how it started to twist itself around and eventually a big gap in shape of an arch appeared in the middle of its trunk.

General Glozelle, Miraz's wife with her son and her father went through the gap in the tree and the crowd gasped in fear when they saw those three people... disappear behind it.

"How do we know that he is not leading us to our deaths?" man from the crowd shouted.

"Sire," Reepicheep turned to Aslan "If my example can be of any help, I will take eleven mice through with no delay." 

We all smiled at our dear noble little friend and awaited Aslan's answer. He didn't answer, though, he just smiled at Reepicheep and then looked at the Pevensies and me.