User-Friendly - One: Use your bestfriend to Ward Off Predators

Shen Yue realized that after two weeks in Yalong Bay, she could take in the heat from the sun, the sometimes appalling attitude of customers who treat their servers like slaves as they rush about to their own summer adventure, and even the demandi...

Shen Yue realized that after two weeks in Yalong Bay, she could take in the heat from the sun, the sometimes appalling attitude of customers who treat their servers like slaves as they rush about to their own summer adventure, and even the demanding physical work needed to be able to wait for orders and clean tables... BUT not the obnoxious way two of her co-workers have taken it in their heads that they have a right to her personal life and must be informed of where she is and what she is doing and who she is with every other hour of the day.

"Where are you going Yue Yue?", one of them asked her now as she walked to the alley right beside their restaurant.

She didn't respond or even acknowledge that she heard the question.

"Are the horrible duo at it again?" Han Xiao Tong, who took breaks at the same time as her and was blasting her face with a mini fan, sat beside the small bench Yue decided to occupy.

"They're never NOT at it actually." She took a sip of the melon shake she brought with her and allowed it to freeze her brain out.

"I hate how guys like that do not understand it even when you already clearly told them you don't want them talking to you."

She pouted in irritation. "It isn't even understanding it. They seem to think that I'm trying to challenge them that's why I always say no to whatever they're both up to."

Xiao Tong made a face. "Men are so toxic."

Yue nodded in agreement as she refused the woman's offer of a smoke.

Her phone rang just as she was about to offer back her watermelon shake to Xiao Tong.

Her best friend's name flashed on the screen.

"Di?"

"Hey! I miss you! So.... Red or blue?"

That made her smile and then she came back down to earth. "For you?"

"No. For Ma."

"Red. She looks prettier in red and it's also a lucky color to wear."

"Yeahhhhh. Of course.... So... I'll wear blue then huh?"

"You wore blue last year."

"Purple?"

"You'll clash against your Mother if you go with her wearing purple."

A groan. "So... yellow?"

"Or white."

"Oh cool. I almost forgot about white."

She shook her head at this. "How are you surviving without me?"

"Barely", he admitted in a heartbeat, "Don't you hear my voice shaking every time I call you? It's like I'm doing so bad going cold turkey and suddenly there's a stick of cigarette in the vicinity and I've just got to have it."