He & She - Five : "I don't say things out loud"

Wang He Mei's heart almost jumped out of her chest the moment she heard Yue say "I love you too".

It shocked her so much, she had not realized her thumb had pressed on the "end call" button right after hearing it.

"ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!", she screamed and then jumped out of her bed to look at his room (which is just right across hers) but saw the lights already turned off.

"IDIOT! IDIOT! STUPID MEI MEI!", she scolded herself and proceeded to spend a good fifteen minutes agonizing over whether she should call him back and ask him why he said it or if she should just brush it off and not make a big deal out of it.

"STOP OVERTHINKING MEI MEI! He just said he loves you too! You always tell him "I love you"! It's no big deal! He's told you "I love you" for the –"

First time.

"He told me he loves me for the very first time and I put the phone down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", she cried out loud. How could she really have been so so so so stupid????

"WANG HE MEI STOP SCREAMING AND SLEEP!!!"

Her mother's voice from the hallway made her freeze solid and she bit down her lip to stop herself from making any more noise.

Crestfallen, she curled up in bed and hugged her pillow tightly.

Seriously.

How could she have been so stupid and.........

HOW IN THE WORLD IS SHE SUPPOSED TO STOP HER HEART FROM POUNDING LIKE HORSES DECIDED TO TAKE RESIDENCE THERE AND RUN FULL ON WITH THEIR HOOVES STOMPING UP AND DOWN HER CHEST SO SHE CAN SLEEP AFTER FINALLY HEARING HIM SAY I LOVE YOU???????

REALLY.

HOW???????????????????????????????

***

Xin Zeng furrowed her brows at her but she couldn't bring herself to mind it.

"I told you they might come back very late."

Mei had grabbed the other girl's hand as soon as the afternoon bell rang and then ran as fast as their legs would take them towards the direction of the basketball gym.

"He didn't tell me they'd be gone the whole day", she responded as its locked doors seemed to mock her.

Her best friend shrugged her shoulders and. "Whenever they have tune-up games, they always disappear the whole day, have you forgotten?"

Mei sat down the stairs and pouted because one, she had indeed forgotten, two, there has been nothing on her mind the whole day except him and the last words she heard from him, and three, she could feel her frustration mounting at not being able to see him the day she wants to see him the most.