User-Friendly - Five: As a compass

Shen He Guo, Shen Yue's father, has built such a tough exterior over the years that it is very difficult to surprise him

However, the Young Master, standing outside his house, looking disheveled and wet from head to toe, grinning like he was standing atop Mount Everest, managed to jolt him – not for how he looked when he arrived but for what he said.

"Father-in-law!"

"Young Master!"

His wife, hearing the young man's voice, ran towards the foyer, and then panicked upon the sight of Wang He Di.

She disappeared for a few seconds and came back with a large towel.

"Young Master, go to the changing room, and I will get back to you with a fresh set of clothes."

"Mother-in-law, you don't need to –"

"But I do! Or else I won't hear the end of it from, Yue."

THAT was enough to make him follow the older woman's words. Wang He Di will do anything as long as you include "Yue" in the sentence.

"Does your daughter know he's here?"

"Probably not", He Guo answered, "She would always tell us if he's on his way back to the estate."

"I'll send her a message. She might be worried about him."

"Wait for him to talk to us, first. The Young Master seems to have rushed through a thunderstorm just to see us. He might have something important to say that he does not want Yue knowing about."

Since they were children and his Master joked to him that they may become truly family in the future, He Guo has known that his daughter may become a Wang.

Of course, it is beyond an honor for him and his family that despite their humble status, the Wangs seemed to even look forward to having Yue as a daughter-in-law, but as years passed and the Young Master and their daughter pursued their studies and careers, a wedding seemed to move farther and father away.

And despite Wang He Di's penchant for calling them in-laws during his visits, the reality is still far from actual truth.

Yue Yue has just passed the Medical Boards, interning at the moment, while the Young Master is preparing for the Bar.

It's been years since everyone expected the two of them to get married – what with living together away from their families and coming home every now and then, acting like an old married couple.

But they have both stayed "unmarried".

And despite the "Madam's scheming" of trying to push them to already head for the altar... they have both been steadfast.

"Father-in-law, Mother-in-law, I'm sorry if I rushed over here and surprised you."

"You don't need to apologize, Young Master", He Guo answered.