He & She - One : "I don't sing."

"CAPTAIN YUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Only one person in the whole goddamn campus fearlessly shouts his name like that.

Shen Yue, Ming De High School Basketball Captain, looked up and almost got blinded by the flash of Wang He Mei's camera.

"WHAT THE –"

"YOU LOOK SO HANDSOME!!!!", she squealed and then immediately showed him the photo on her phone's gallery.

"Why did you have to use a flash?!?! It's four in the afternoon!"

The girl smiled at him impishly. "I just want a good picture."

He tried not to roll his eyes. "Is that why you called me here?"

"Well... So.... OK... The thing is..."

He turned his back on her and started to walk away.

"SHEN YUE!!!!!!!", she screamed and then jogged to reach him.

"I have basketball practice. I have no time for your stuttering."

She tried to keep up with his long strides. "I don't understand how you could have the sweetest mother in the world and be as cold as a snowman."

"I don't understand how you could have the most gentle-mannered mother in the world and be a spitfire."

"YUE COULD YOU JUST STOP WALKING FOR A SECOND AND LISTEN TO ME!"

He stopped in his tracks and watched her step a few paces forward before catching herself.

"I hate it when you do that!!!!", she complained.

He responded with a smirk. "I already stopped for a second."

She stepped right in front of him and put her hands on his chest to stop him from moving any further. "OK OK! SING WITH ME!!!"

His mind short-circuited.

"NO", he responded as soon as his brain rewired.

"YUUUUUWWWWEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He shook his head at her.

She truly is the star of their Drama Club.

"In what reality did you think you'd ever make me agree to sing with you in public???"

She bit down her lip. "But I need someone to duet with. I can't apply for THE SUPREME DUO OF CHINA if I am all by myself."

"Ask Wu Xin Zeng."

"Xin Zeng is going with Li Jiho!"

OK.

His Vice-Captain is WHAT?!?!?!?!

"JIHO IS NOT GOING TO SING IN PUBLIC! Do you want an earthquake to befall Beijing???"

"But he is! I mean, why can't you be like Jiho who supports his girlfriend???"

He raised a brow. "First, I don't sing. Second, YOU are not my girlfriend."

"OK. SHEN YUE YOU SING! YOU SING BEAUTIFULLY! AND I AM BETTER THAN A GIRLFRIEND, I AM YOUR BEST FRIEND! Won't you support me in this at all???"

He hates it when she uses the best friend card.

"I'll think about it."

Yue swears their school building could have been split in two by her shout of excitement. "I ALREADY HAVE THE PERFECT SONG FOR US!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! WE'LL WIN THIS THING!!!!"

"Mei Mei..."

"I'll also start using my dream idol name. You know that right? Like Cher, Madonna. Just one name. And mine will be simple, easy to remember, everyone will say it when they see me. I shall be called Di –"

"MEI MEI!", he stopped her impatiently and then proceeded to take her hands away from his chest, "I said I'll think about it, ok?"

The seriousness in his tone did nothing to dissuade her rising excitement as she hugged him as tightly as she can.

"You'll do it, I know it."

It seriously feels like trying to stop a bulldozer.

"I really need to go to practice now."

She let him go from their embrace. "Oh yeah right!"

He maneuvered her out of the way and headed for the gym.

"SHEN YUE!!!!!!"

He looked back and saw her looking at him earnestly.

"I love you, ok?"

"OK", he answered and quickly turned away

"I love you too", he whispered as he headed down the stairs.

***

Author's Note:

Thank you @tigermoonbuddy for helping me clean up Yue's picture.

So... yeah... am I insane to do this?

LOL.

- Mai