4.Hannah

All That She Wants // Ace of Base

Three weeks ago, I stood in front of Matt for the first time. Technically it was the second time, but I've decided that our first meeting in real life, that messed up night at the Lot, doesn't count. That wasn't really Matt. That guy was a broken-hearted asshole.

The Matt I've gotten to know over the last few months is nothing like the guy who came on to me in a drunken stupor. He's tender. He's observant. He's actually kind of shy.

And he won't put the moves on me, dang it! Sweet, tender kisses is all he will allow and I'm so freaking frustrated I might explode. Maybe this weekend will change things.

As I'm waiting for Matt to pick me up, my phone buzzes three times in rapid succession.

Matt: I'll be there in ten minutes.

Jeff: please tell me you're bunking with Kyra!

Kyra: Jeff is such a buzz kill...*crying emoji*

I send Matt a kiss emoji, Kyra gets a sad eyes emoji and Jeff deserves the three middle fingers I added to his thread. This trip was his idea, so he has to suffer the consequences.

I grab my duffle bag, packed for two days in Salt Creek with a crew of college freshman, and Kyra as a tag-a-long. I'm grateful she agreed to come because these are Jeff's football buddies, not mine, some from Jefferson and a few new friends from the Fallbrook Hills University team. Jeff has warned Kyra to stay away from all of them and she's determined to defy him. But that's none of my business. I'm just here for the unsupervised alone time with Matt.

I'm not trying to take things all the way...yet. But kissing him leaves me feeling so needy. I wouldn't mind a little second base action, is all I'm saying. My boyfriend is hot and he's keeping the goods from me!

By goods, I'm referring to his abs. I know he's got them. I saw them on Lot night. I almost ran my fingers over the ridges, but I kept my sanity and left him alone. I wouldn't want a guy doing that to me in an inebriated state so there was no way I would do that to him.

But the temptation was real. And so is my memory.

The doorbell rings, signaling Matt's arrival. I grab my bag and hug Sawyer who is reading in her room.

"Bye, sweetie. Text me if you want, okay?"

Sawyer just smiles, telling me that makes her happy. She doesn't make eye contact much, especially when she's tired.

I make it to the door as Matt and my dad are talking about road safety and seatbelts.

I really hope that isn't a euphemism for condoms. I fight off the full body shudder at the thought of my dad trying to remind Matt to wrap it up. Ugh.

"Hey, let's go." I grab Matt by the arm and start dragging him to the door.

"Um, don't you want to say goodbye to your parents?" Matt cocks an eyebrow in my direction.

"Meh, sure." I turn around and wave. "Bye, Dad." Then I cup a hand near my mouth. "Bye, Mom!" I shout toward the kitchen where Mom is prepping breakfast. I already grabbed some toast when I woke up. We wanted to get an early start on the road to maximize our time there. Plus, I remember barfing my guts up from the drive last time, so I didn't want to fill my stomach before heading up there.

"Okay, we're good now. Let's go." I resume position and drag Matt toward the door as he rushes through his thank you and goodbyes. I would never have guessed how polite he would be to my parents after our first encounter. He seemed like such a smutty parent-hater, a dad's worst nightmare to be honest. But this guy, he's all kinds of suck-up to my parents.