v: your friends

content warning: profanity, implied child neglect, slight bullying (saying the other has no friends)
-

ONE WEEK HAD gone by since Jeongin stood in the principal's office and was told that he would be stuck with Bang Chan as his new buddy until further notice.

Yang Jeongin, the school's resident rich boy, class clown, loud mouth, prankster, etcétera. How did he end up in the principal's office? He was talking too much in class. He'd been given three warnings, and then a referral, and then he was sent to see the principal. Simple as that.

Jeongin had issues when it came to focusing on his work in public, so instead he'd chat all day in class and get all his work done at home when he was in the silence of his really large bed room at his very large desk that probably cost more than one's rent. He'd get his work done really fast at home, almost hyper-focusing on it when he started, doing nothing else until it was done.

BUT, none of that mattered anymore because Jeongin was tore a new one by his parents, and the principal agreed not to suspend him or whatever she was going to do. He was actually doing the assignment given (which he was pretty good at if he said so himself, being a talkative guy and all) and he was actually getting along just fine with his buddy.

Chan, a senior at this fine establishment deemed high school, was really freaking nice, but stood his ground. He was fun to talk to, even if he did criticize Jeongin every once in a while because of his behavior, and he didn't mind having to hang out with underclassmen like Jeongin, a mere sophomore.

The only thing off putting about the man in front of him was the fact that Chan's home life was completely opposite of Jeongin's. From what Jeongin had heard from the the older, he had come to the conclusion that while his own parents could care less about him, Chan's mother was a helicopter parent. She was always tending to him, giving him what he needed, and from what Jeongin's pieced together, they went everywhere together.

Chan had a totally different up bringing than Jeongin. Chan was raised by his mother, Jeongin was raised by his multiple nanny's and then by the maid's and butler's and other housekeepers when his parents deemed him too old to need a nanny.

When Jeongin brought up the topic of going over to Chan's house a few days ago, Chan had immediately declined, became a recluse, and barely said anything the rest of the day. He had sprung back to normal the next day, but seeing the warm and caring senior so anxious and frustrated and sad had unsettled Jeongin, so he didn't bring it up again.

It had been a couple days since then, and now Jeongin had another question just itching to be asked.

"So, you're a senior, right?" Jeongin asked, the two of them sitting at one of the lunch tables near the back left corner of the cafeteria.

Chan looked up from his meal, and quickly chewed and swallowed the food in his mouth to answer, "yeah, why?"

"So, you've been at this school for a few years, right?" Jeongin asked, his questions with obvious answers making Chan sigh.

"Yes."

Jeongin stared at him for a second, seemingly analyzing him, and then asked, so bluntly it made Chan flinch, "then why don't you have any friends?"

Chan choked on his own spit, and then after hacking out his lungs, he retorted, his voice cracking ever so slightly, "I do have friends! They're just caught up with the dance club right now!"