Chapter 11: The Chase Continues

On the other side of the forest a mage is hiding from her captors, she detected their mana pursuing her, so she used a skill that will hide her.

<Skill: Mirage- Coats the user with magic-infused water that became reflective to hide the user's physical body, this skill would be canceled if the user receives an attack with mana.>

<Passive Skill: Mana Detection- Allow the user to detect mana from a 50-meter distance.>

Currently, she is hiding in a trunk of a tree but she adjusted her position where she can see her surroundings and plan an escape route if ever she is found.

"Where is she?"

"She was just here a while ago, I don't know what happened"

"Damn it, the mission failed retreat!"

She could hear them however she's not taking any chances, she still hasn't undone her skill.

She felt their mana disappear into the distance, she waited for a good 10 minutes to secure her surroundings.

She sighs all her worries away, little did she know it would be her biggest regret.

She undoes her skill and began walking.

Those clothes looks familiar but she couldn't remember where or from.

A breeze then blew and she smiled with pleasant feeling in her chest.

How nice, she thought.

However, that is not a normal breeze.

"Found you."

A rapier then comes through her way reinforce with magic.

"Ice Shield!"

A shield made in Ice managed to protect her before it crumbled into pieces.

<Skill: Ice shield- conjures an ice shield that provides defense against an incoming attack made from mana>

Where did that come from? she didn't feel mana in the vicinity, how did that happen?

The rapier flew away from her back to the direction it came from.

"Well, Well, there you are, how's my trap? is it good? well it should be the way you walked away without worries gives it away"

How could this be? she didn't felt any mana, even though this girl is currently on her radar she didn't feel any mana.

"How? How did you do that? I swear I didn't feel any mana, so how!?"

She screamed in disbelief as she felt tricked about what happened.

"Mana Concealment."

<Skill: Mana Concealment- Hides the user's mana>

Shane said while smiling wide.

"You fucking bitch, I'll end you right here!"

"Magic Increase 4th, Heresia Cresitum, Water

"Spiralling Aqua, Icicle"

A water form from mana then twists into a spiral while accompanied by 3 icicles.

"Twister: Lesser!"

A twister then conjures to destroy the skill.

"Heresia Magic huh? seems like you are a student of that academy, no somethings off"

Shane spoke while ice disappear into thin air.

She became enraged at Shane's statement, as she once again cast the same skill only to be canceled by the twister.

"Ah I see now, you are a dropout! most graduates I battled manage to give me some fun"

She suddenly snapped and cast the same two skills over and over again but getting nothing in return as all of them just get destroyed.

She cried as she falls to her knees, is it the consequences of going down this path? she would have been working as a mage of the kingdom but no, she is here doing dirty business instead of working a decent job.

"I was told to bring you alive, it would be better if you go in peace"

Bring her? she just chuckled.

She reaches into her pocket if she cannot win this fight however this could end it all.

Before she can even activate the item, she felt a surge of pain comes from her back.

"AHH! NO!"

She hurriedly tried to activate the item, but...

"For the cle-"

The sleep takes over before she can even do it.

Shane snatches the item in her hand.

This insignia, The Dark Church.

"I told you before, you should finish your mission without any inconvenience."

A blood soldier spoke in front of her.

She rolled her eyes upon hearing that voice.

"Well, I did okay? I was just bored, Senior."

The Blood soldier scratches his head, yes he was her senior before but he was killed by that terrifying monster.

"Well bring her and Dira, no that's no longer your name- Shane bring that to master later"

He lifts her now sleeping body while the other blood bandit removes the needles from her back.

"Okay, I'll follow behind you"

Shane said while picking the staff her opponent has left.

The staff has a self-destruction spell she needed to disable.

This is gonna take long isn't it?

She shrugged but started to cast a disabling skill.