Chapter 20: Regrets Root.

"Oh, they're back, master!"

Freesia waved her hands to catch our attention.

"Walk faster, do I have to drag you?"

"S-sorry, I will."

D'v- no, Puppy my dog was getting a bit too slow, I had to attach a leash on his collar.

While fighting with him, I got some new titles.

[Breaker of Pride: given to those who manage to break someone's will that was caused by their pride.

Increased fear factor by 5%]

[Sadistic Torturer: given to those that enjoy torturing others while having pleasure upon doing it.

Increased STR and VIT by 2]

[Twisted Vengeance: given to those that took revenge to a whole new level of brutality.]

[Incarnation of Carnage: given to those that perform horrific acts in front of different individuals.

Increased fear factor by 15%]

I might have gone overkill but at least I did not kill him, he will serve as an example to those who tried to oppose me without any valid reason in doing so.

Freesia lead us to the camp that they prepared earlier while we are fighting in the arena, I did not notice that it's almost noon and I'm getting hungry.

It's time to see what that elf can do.

"Lance, prepare the ingredients for our meal, take Tip and Puppy with you."

"Pu-Puppy?"

Lance asked in confusion not knowing who I was referring to.

I gesture in my side and he didn't question anything he just obliged.

"Wait, what if he escaped?"

Lance asked before going.

"He won't, cause even if he will he knows what will happen to him, am I right?"

My happiness made my smile reach from ear to ear, Puppy just shudders from my statement.

"Y-yes."

"Hmm, is that how a dog should act?"

He prostrate himself and began licking my boot.

"Better now go; make sure you don't bite them harshly."

He bowed and they started to hunt.

"Yoo, Verdant could you start preparing our dinner too?"

She bowed and excused herself.

"Master-you are so-cool."

The twins suddenly approach me with stars in their eyes.

For some reason, after witnessing what I did to Puppy they are...happy?

It's 100% wrong since these children are not supposed to be happy seeing guts and blood, for most parts they should have feared me by now but they're liking me more?

Weird and in all honesty makes me question what kind of environment did these two have in the first place.

It seems that I got to wait and see.

Our conversation continues until the hunting group returns and Verdant starts preparing the meat and began cooking.

For tonight an air fried long ears.

We didn't have many things to do so we just waited for the night all slept silently.

However, Angerona has been silently minding her own business and looking for something from far away.

Does she know something?

-Nighttime-

"Are you sure they are here?"

"Yes, everyone is sleeping just grab the kids and we are free to go."

6 people that are using a suit that hides their presence and mana silently lurk in the darkness.

The orders are simple; grab the two targets and retreat, easy as that.

They gently opened the tent; three were outside while the others attempts to gently lift the twins' innocent sleeping bodies.

When the three people that entered the tent successfully secure the target they retreat immediately and return to the place where the exchange will take place.

In here they used a barrier that hides their presence from the outside.

"The hell, who would've thought it would be that easy. To think that they paid a high amount of money just for a job as easy as this?"

They began deactivating the suit's skill while continuously applying sleep magic to the twins.

"I know, talk about a steal ahahaha."

The brunette guy retorted in response and laughed.

The blonde girl however has a different look on her face.

"Rivine! What's wrong aren't you happy? I mean we finished the mission."

The woman with curly blue hair rests her head on the blonde girl's shoulder.

"I don't know this is too easy, it feels like something is wrong."

The other girl just ignored her statement and chuckled lightly,

"Relax okay, take this day as like those days where a miracle happens."

The blonde sighed, maybe she was just thinking about it too hard she thought.

But what is this feeling of wanting to escape? Like something bad was about to happen.

She was regarded as the group's pathfinder due to her latent ability to make effective choices.

Her gut right now is telling her to run, but to what? She doesn't know.

Unbeknownst to her, she should've trusted herself from the beginning.

If only-

"If only I made the right choices would things turn out differently?"

A blood bath took place.