Chapter 14: The Demon and the Bargain

"How did you even found me? I was sure that my concealment skill is impeccable."

The demon smiled in amazement as he spoke.

"There are things you can know and not know, but rest assured we only came here to buy somethings"

I look down at the items they look very normal and simple.

"For starters, why don't you show them what these things really are?"

His grin widened and his eyes become filled with joy.

"You can even see through that too? how odd, However since you found me I'll let you choose with your heart's content"

He snapped then darkness brushed away from the weapons like dust, revealing their true form.They were all of the highest quality as well.

"All of this Item are spirit-bound, go on and take what your heart desire."

I let them all chose their new weapons, I told them I would pay for them but they declined to say they still have enough money.

While they are still choosing it's my time to get some information.

"Ridevixus Friedrach, I have a question that you must answer..."

His eyes suddenly glowered in fury, just as Gem said huh? Demons hate it when you call them by their True name.

"If you answer everything honestly I swear on my blood to keep your name in safety"

His fury dispersed but he is not taking chances so we entered a magic contract of bargain.

We both swore to uphold the conditions that I will tell no one about his true name and he will answer all my questions honestly, failing to do so will result in Soul Destruction.

<Soul Destruction- a punishment for contract violators, causes complete obliteration of the soul>

We use our blood as a catalyst, we combined it and it becomes a magic circle.

"From this moment everything that we would talk about remains with the two of us, no outside forces can snoop our conversation"

The magic circle disappear into particles

"What is it that you want to know?"

His eyes return to normal as nothing happened.

"Do you know something about this?"

I pass him the crest of the Dark Church.

"Ah Dark Church huh? moreover this crest: Clerdium"

"Well, I know something, among other dark churches they are the only ones who never shy away with their presence."

Among other? does this mean...

"They operate in the shadows while bearing their fangs to the Holy Churches, based on what I know they have started kidnapping people in different regions, at first everybody thought it was just a weird phenomenon that humans and demi-humans alike are going missing from left to right, but a kidnapper was arrested and committed suicide by slashing his neck."

"I see..."

"The kid that survived that day manage to covet something from her attacker, a crest that has an image of a skull in a sword with bat wings, when the authorities in every city heard this they immediately know that symbol."

He tosses the crest in the air it spins and he catches it with his right hand revealing the front side to me.

"The symbol of Clerdium: The Hero Killer"