Chapter 24: Mr. Volto

A gentle knock was heard on a door then a rectangle envelope slid under the door frame inside the room.

Regga was already awake, she left the bed and opened the envelope where found the bill for the usage of their room.

"Concealment, Hideout."

<Skill: Concealment- Conceals the target's presence and raises the SPD initial value by 2, can also be used in a close area if used this way any individual outside the area will not be able to hear nor see anything that is currently happening inside the area it was cast on.>

<Hideout: Cast this spell on a close area in which that area won't be able to be detected nor intercepted by any magic or physical means, the mana consumption of this skill increases depending on the size of the area it was cast on.>

"Both of you wake up, we are gonna be busy today."

She said as she dressed up, she checked herself in the mirror where she found hickeys and bruises on her neck.

A perfect facade, this would not arouse suspicion worse she could be known as a hooker but then that would be better to not let everyone know she's here for something.

Use a C-rank or lower adventurer and make everyone think that she's here only to have fun and enjoy the city.

The demon-possessed got up and started putting their clothes on.

"Did you successfully eat everything yesterday?"

Regga asked as she's checking her daggers.

"Yes mistress Regga, all their memories, and personality have been absorbed, copying them would be a breeze."

One demon spoke in utmost respect.

"Is there anything in their memory that would pose a hindrance in our investigation like families or any unresolved business"

She crossed her arms as she anticipate bad news.

"This body has a wife and a daughter but due to his abuse they were taken from him by the authorities also he has debts that he still needs to pay for 6 years or else he will be turned into a slave "

The fat demon replied

"I see, what about you?"

She asked the demon that possessed the skinny old man.

"This body doesn't have any family, she once had a wife but due to an incurable disease she passed away, regarding debt he recently sold his house and lost half of the amount he received in gambling, about the other half he used it to buy a drug from a man in the gambling center."

Regga raised her eyebrow.

"Which kind?"

"It's a drug that increases a person's elemental skill." 

Increases elemental skill? she heard potions that could do this, they were expensive of course as the materials needed are from deadly monsters and or rare items like herbs and even endangered creatures.

 "What is the downside?"

"I don't know, the man that offered him did not disclose that information, however despite knowing that she still bought two of them."

"Show me."

Regga ordered the old demon, the demon opened his belt bag and handed her a small sphere-shaped object.

If one would look at it they would think that this is wood since its appearance looks like that of a tree.

Regga analyze the item in her hand, she put it near her ear and shake it but nothing was heard inside indicating it was compact deep inside.