Chapter 6: The First Fight

Okay, almost a month since uploading, and 2 weeks ago I said I'd try and finish this chapter as soon as possible. My full apology is on my message board, but I hope you can enjoy this chapter, it's the longest so far. Please leave a like, comment, and a vote if you can, and stay smart, and STAY AWESOME!!!!!"

Earlier, before Rictor and the parents came home:

Rictor:

I think I have reached a new state of joy, the kind that makes you want to never come down from it. One that you never knew that you needed until you've experienced it at some point in your life. To make it even better, it's during the fact that you've discovered something about yourself that makes you somehow even happier than you originally are. Of course, in this moment, I'm thinking about this while I plunge my albeit large fork into and lift up as I take another giant bite out of, the entire melt-in-your-mouth roast that just has a perfect homey, beefy smell that just wafts in my nose even before I chew.

As I swallow, and I grab a spicy sausage and a piece of bread, and bite into them simultaneously, I look up at my two Dalmatian saviors. They are, strangely heartwarmingly, sharing my same mannerisms as they enjoy their own food, the looks of amazement and satisfaction on their faces towards their meal just makes me internally smile, and a little external grin escapes me at the sight of this. I take a quick moment to focus my hearing around me, mainly to see how everyone's reacting to this sight.

'How is he eating that much?"

"Why are his dogs with him?"

"Is he a competitive eater?"

"Is he even chewing his food?"

"I'm more interested in that hunk of a man...."

That last quote spurs me to get back to focusing on my meal, which, by this point, I'm finishing the last few bites of it. With a final drink of the broth in the bowl, and finish off the last bit of my drink, I semi-slam the glass down with a suppressed belch. As I relax in my seat with the most satisfied feeling I've had since I came here, I look at Doug and Delilah, their eyes almost rolling into the back of their heads as they lick their lips to get the last bit of the steak juice off, and they rest their heads on the table as I sense the feeling of euphoria literally radiating off them. I think what's going through their minds and hearts right now is like what Dwight Schrute from The Office once said: 'I will never be happier than I am right now. I will also never be less happy. I will be at my current maximum happiness for the rest of my life.....'

(The Office, Dwight Schrute, and the used quote are owned by NBC)

As I share this moment of happiness with Doug and Delilah, I sense that the same waitress from earlier approaching us.

"Hello, was everything alright?" The lady asks, but upon noticing the empty dishes she dons a flabbergasted look.

I look at her with a nearly intoxicated look before she can say anything else, "Yeah......" I say with a goofy smile of bliss.

"Uh, um, okay, well, here's your check." She says, handing it to me. I don't do anything else beyond just pulling out my wallet, taking the debit card out, and giving it to the lady.

"Just take my money already....." I say, still in my state of joy.

"Oh, alright, do you want me to take those dishes away too?" She asks.

"Yes please." I mumble as I nod.

"Okay, I'll be right back."

The lady quickly assembles all the dirty dishes, essentially towering them upon one another, being careful not to drop them and make a mess of sharp ceramic pieces, and takes them away.