Chapter 16: The Deadly Dance, Part 1

(I ain't dead! Electric boogaloo bois! You'll see my apology at the end of this chapter, and I greatly appreciate you for your patience at my incompetence. Patience is a virtue, and you exemplify that the greatest, my reasons for my absence will be with my apology. Also, I got a little something for you guys at the end as well. For now, why not leave a like, a comment, share this with all your friends, maybe even a follow while you're at it? Stay smart, stay awesome, AND ENJOY!!)

Cato

"Can't believe this is where you were 2 months ago." Kai says, standing strong against the strong winds atop the Mount Everest of our world.

"Only reason why we're here is because it's easier to Breach other universes here. If it's done once, it's easy for everyone else." I explain. "Got the Ophanim Seeds?"

He holds up the small leather pouch I entrusted to him, shaking it a few times. The sound coming from it is reminiscent of a bag of jellybeans.

I grin, knowing the preplanner he is.

"Got your sword?" He asks.

I hold out my hand, and what materializes is more than likely Kai's masterpiece of a weapon, and a pinnacle of his engineering.

Forged using the metal of one of Seraph's swords as well as one of my own after I defeated him once 2 months ago, and taking inspiration from Cloud's fusion sword from Final Fantasy Advent Children...

A ridiculous 6-piece greatsword that consists of a main core blade, a hollow front blade, a pair of back serrated blades, and a pair of side blades.

The core blade consists of a long hilt transferred from Seraph's sword, a large handguard, and a wide double-edged blade with a thinner center section. The main blade is able to bisect down the middle and pull apart lengthwise, revealing internal mechanisms.

The hollow front blade forms the front of the completed assembly. As its name suggests, it is hollow and forms a "V" shape save for the top and bottom of the blade. Its handle is divided in two to allow it to slide over the main blade during assembly. Despite this unusual construction the blade is sturdy enough to wield as a proper weapon and can deflect gunfire and even blasts from Demons.

The back serrated blades are two mirrored, saw-toothed edge long swords with angular tips and long black hilts. They attach to the main blade's sides with the saw-toothed edge side pointed toward the hollow blade, completing the trapezoidal look of the sword.

The side blades are identical mirror image swords. They are significantly smaller and shorter than the other four, with a gear mechanism that allows the handle to be folded up. It is in this configuration that they attach to the sides of the main blade with the hollow blade and back blades already in place, completing the assembly.

Every single one of them can channel my power equally as effectively.

My friends from 2 months ago were able to use each of them individually as well.

"Why weren't you using that during our training earlier?" Kai asks.

"I wanted to sharpen my hand-to-hand combat skills. I can always be disarmed, so I wanted to improve on that, just in case. Regardless, I still can't thank you enough for forging it." I compliment him. "It really made the difference back then."

"No prob, man. Glad I could help." Kai says with a smile.

"And help you did." I reply.

After observing my sword, also soon realizing that themes of Dragon Ball and Final Fantasy, as well as a little bit of Devil May Cry are present in our reality, I drop my smile.