Chapter 21: Our Better Selves

(I think it's time that I preface that uploads will be relatively slow. I don't know if it's because of writer's block or anything like that. It might also be because I'm ultra picky on what I put in the story and even then it's likely that I'm being overcritical about it. I'm really needing your input and I read every single one of your comments. Regardless, thank you again for sticking with me through this new year. As our friends and family take their baby steps, ENJOY!!!)

Doug

"Remember, honeys! One and two, one and two!" I tell my children who are holding hands with me and each other while walking down the hall.

The responsibilities of handling several different puppies at once was divided among me, Delilah, and Rick's team.

Five teachers teaching several at a time to get the kids all get accustomed to walking, sooner they can run.

And sooner they can run...

The sooner they can fight according to how they'll teach us.

Not exactly how I was planning on spending my paid weeks off...

We still hadn't figured out as to why exactly Dodie Smith advocated for animals to be treated like humans...much less have like an equal pay act or something like that enacted to where we can make transactions like humans...might need to ask Kai what he might've found about that.

"Uh...ah....easy...easy...inner cat...inner cat." I hear Deepak utter to himself while still trying to keep balance on his siblings, and at the same time having a semi-meditative expression on his face.

Right now, Deepak is wearing a sleeping robe that was cut to look more like something a monk would wear. He also wears sandals that go with the look as well. Fitting for his personality, to be honest.

"One...and two...one...and two..." Da Vinci also cautiously says to herself, doing the same as Deepak while having a comical look of discretion.

She wears a blue short sleeve shirt with purple around her arms and jeans that have been rolled up past her ankles, courtesy of Rick. Funnily enough she still wears her bandana across her neck that compliments her outfit. In addition she wears a modified denim skirt that seems to be more akin to a painter's apron.

"It's like a beat...one, two, three, four, one, two, three, four..." DJ stares at his legs, trying to keep up his analogy of walking like a rhythm.

He's wearing black jeans, a black hoodie, and a red long sleeve shirt underneath it. He also still keeps his headphones on his head and red sneakers with black soles and white laces.

Seriously, with all of us wearing these clothes it's like a second layer of fur. It's weird that we have to, but I know for a fact it's necessary.

At least by humans' standards.

"Don't fall...don't fall...!" Destiny exclaims, staring at the path ahead of her.

"Paws...don't fail me now...!" Dallas adds, doing the same and wobbling.

"Don't fall me, paws!" Déjà Vu tries to mesh the previous two sayings together while waddling, but comes off slightly incoherent, earning her a raised eyebrow from her fellow triplets.

All 3 of them have a set of clothing consisting of mostly purple and pink.

Destiny wears a simple short sleeved pink shirt with a pattern of a flowing heart with a magenta accent to it, it's moved off to the side slightly so you can see the black bra she wears, alongside purple denim shorts with a violet belt and a pink bracelet on her left wrist that seemed to have come with the outfit. In addition she wears black soled sandals with pink straps securing them to her feet.