Sick Days - Dazai

WARNING:
NSFW

It all started with a drinking game you were both playing.

The two of you were tipsy, red-faced and almost blacking out in the middle of a game of Truth or Dare, when you slurred, in your drunk stupor, for Dazai to sleep outside.

In the pouring rain.

Being the drunk idiot he was in that moment, he had garbled a confident something (mind you, this something was completely unintelligible) and walked out the door, proceeding to black out on the lawn outside your - open - front door.

You had slept like a dead woman until the next morning, when you were awoken by a shivering, dripping-wet lump of flesh and trench coat curled around you on the sofa. Dazai had slept like that for the latter half of the night without closing the front door and as a result, you had both caught a cold.

Wonderful.

The two of you had called in sick to an enraged Kunikida and an nonplussed Yosano, who happened to be your partner at work. In an attempt to compensate for the days missed of your investigations, you were to complete your work from home - of course, Yosano was still pretty convinced that she could get rid of your colds, to which you had hastily said no and hung up before you heard her switch from 'concerned doctor/colleague' to 'surgeon on sadist pills'.

Working at home. It had seemed doable at the time, but now...

Now you sat in your living room, lower half tucked under the kotatsu that overtook the floor, trying desperately to focus on the documents on your laptop screen. The only thing distracting you was, well, the person you had fallen sick with. Dazai.

He sat beside you, right side pressed up against your left, laptop open to nothing and whining for you to look at him.
"(Y/N)-chaaaaaannn~ Look at me, I'm boreeeedddd~" He gently tugged your arm, gazing at you with pleading puppy eyes.

You slowly pull yourself out of his grip, "Not now, Dazai," You tapped the keys on the laptop keyboard, beginning another case report. Dazai pouted, then decidedly wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his lap. Startled, you froze up, then began to struggle in his arms, but he quelled your confusion.

"Shhhh, (Y/N)-chan," he whispered lowly, breath hot on the shell of your ear. "You can still work. Plus, this is a win-win situation - I get to cuddle you and you get to finish your work, with little to no disturbance. We can do that, right?"
Blushing furiously, you rapidly nodded your head then leaned forward to access your laptop better.

Five minutes passed...

Then ten...

Fifteen...

The hours dragged on and you occasionally changed to more comfortable positions or so that one of you could grab some drinks.

The clock ticked its way towards five, your typing slowed and your eyelids began to droop. Dazai's tender kisses gradually turned more vehement and aggressive. You jerked in his arms when you heard your phone ring out its familiar melody and hastily picked it up. Kunikida. He had probably called to check that you had finished your workload.

"Hai, moshi moshi."

"(Y/N)-dono. Are you feeling be-" Dazai decided that this was the perfect moment to punctuate the question with a sneeze.

"YOU DAMN BASTARD, WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU I'LL-"

"Evidently, Dazai has still got the cold. " Kunikida seemed pretty snappy. Probably because he had more work piled up. "But I think mine is completely gone. Sorry, but can I just confirm some of the reports?" You started to ask Kunikida questions concerning your totally uninteresting work and Dazai - this man - decided that this was the perfect time to start biting your neck, your earlobes, your shoulder, and rub his pretty, slender, long-fingered hands wherever he could reach. Which was everywhere.