Chapter 9

I wake up next to Amy staring at me. Her small hands fiddle with my hair and her brown eyes stare into mine. I smile and she smiles back. Being too tired to remember where I am, and what is going on in the world I start playing with Amy. She rolls onto her stomach and claps her hand on my nose. She hits it hard and I laugh and tear up at the same time. Her finders pinch my eyelids and lashes. I laugh and she laughs too. Making a sweet giggling noise while poking my face. I bring her onto my chest as I used to do with Ibha. She giggles surprised and I poke her nose, making her laugh. We stay like this for almost an hour. I sing for her like I did for my sister, she stays silent as I do and stares at me. Her hand resting on my side like Ibha’s did. I pat her head and she smiles as I do. She starts talking, baby talking of course. When I start talking to her the door to my room is opened and in comes Tally and Tiffany. Where the fuck did they come from? I take Amy into my arms as I jump out of bed and to them. They both look tired and they are both wearing clothes that look comfortable but not the most stylish in the world. “I’m so glad to see you guys.” I tell them as we group hug. Amy being in the middle starts to cry. “Woops.” I say and pull away to comfort her. “Where have you been?” I ask them.

“We stayed at my place. Tiffany says. Her blond hair is pulled up in a bun and she’s not wearing any make-up. Her parents work for the Medius Government. Her dad is a high set congressman one of our Highers, he has travelled to the other worlds to meet Highers there.  Her mom’s job is to plan parties, celebrations, and award ceremonies. She’s like a royal party planner. “My dad is working and my mom has been trying to get the hold off someone in Numinis.” She informs.

“Tally where is your family?” Tally’s house is in the other end of the city. Her mom owns a clothing store and her step-dad works for the Royal Medius Bank.

“My little sister is at our grandmother’s cabin, in the country side. So she should be safe.” She says nervous. I walk to her and hug her. Still holding Amy. “By the way, where did this come from?” She asks and points at Amy. “Oh. My. God. Is it Drake’s? and yours?” She asks and wiggle her eyebrows.

“NO!” I shout and shake my head.

“Oh my god what happened?” Tally asks and drags me onto my bed. “Was it good?” I shake my head while laughing.                                               

“Nothing happened. We went to the store and there was a troop who killed the baby’s mom.” I explain to them. “Girls this is baby Amy.” I tell them. They smile and say hi in a baby talking voice and tone.

“My I hold her?” Tiffany asks and I hand Amy to her. She sticks out her tong and makes her laugh.

“April? Where are your parents?” Tally asks and I make a tight smile.

“My dad is at work. He’s been there for long and I don’t think he will come home until this is over.” I tell her and then put my hands over my face.

“April, where is your mom?” Tiffany asks. I feel a hand on my shoulder and then it wraps around me. It’s Tally.

“She’s missing.” I whisper.

“Oh, honey I’m so sorry.” Tiffany says and hugs me. “Are you going to look for her?”

“I am.” I say and dry my eyes. “As soon as this sweetheart is safe.” I tell them looking at Amy. “We are taking her to the hospital, to Ash’s mom.” I inform them. Sam comes in and tells us that he has made breakfast. We all get down stairs and find our way to the kitchen. When Sam says breakfast he meant that he put a box of lucky Charms on the table and a pitcher of water. I thank him and make milk for Amy. The sun rise is close and I start making ready for our trip to the Hospital. I think the quickest way is on my motorbike. But that means I’ll have to go alone. Which makes it more dangerous. We could also take the car but it will make us more noticeable. I can’t risk that. Drake and Henry come down stairs as I throw the empty bottle in the sink. “Have you made a plan yet?” Drake asks, he stands close to me. His hair is messy, do to that he does not have any hair gel in it. His voice is raspy, assuming it’s because he just woke up, fuck I wish I could wake up that sexy! Damm! Shake it off April it’s starting to get awkward. I shake my head.

“Not yet, well, I figured out that the best and safest way there is by a motorbike but that means I’ll have to travel alone with her and alone back which is not safe, and If we take the car it will draw more attention towards us, and we don’t want that.” I turn the cattle on to warm up water. “Still I don’t want to put you guys in danger.” Ash joins us.

“What are you guys talking about?” He asks.

“Trying to find a way to get safely to the hospital.” He nods.

“Well, I can go with you if you need me.” He says and Sam who stands behind him says.

“I’ll go. I need to see my mom.” He looks sad and lost. I make a tight lip smile and nod.

“Well I think just three of us should go. And three of us stay.” I say. “I don’t think it’s smart if we all go. So three of us will stay here with Henry and three of us will go.” I take the hot water and pour it into my mug and find a teabag. “I’m going so who’s going with me?”

“I’m coming.” Drakes deep voice says and he steps forward.

“So it’s me Drake and Sam. Ash, Tally and Tiffany you’ll all stay here with Henry.” I say and the nod. “Ash? Can you come with me?” He follows me out of the kitchen and down stairs. I open the door to my mom’s room and hand him a small black pistol. “Just in case something happens.” I clear and he nod. “You know how to use it?”

“April, I almost landed my pretty ass in jewie, for drug dealing, that means I owned one of these.” He challenges. I laugh and nod.

“Okay bad boy, you keep them safe. And don’t do anything stupid!” I demand. He rolls his eyes and I slap him in the head.

                I tie my shoes tightly and find my motorbike helmet. It’s black with a dark plastic shield for the eyes. I pull my hair under the helmet and sip up my black leather jacket. In the garage I found a baby-bag. To put Amy and my chest. Ash helps me put it on with Amy in it. Drake decided that now was a good time to tell us that he also had a motorbike. That arsehole. He went to get it, he only lives a few blocks away so it was safe for him. Now we are just waiting for him to return. I look anxiously at Ash and Sam. Sam has put on a bright green scooter helmet that we found in the garage. He looks absolutely ridiculous. The motor sound gets closer and then stops in front of my house. We get out of the garage and out onto the street. Sam sits on the back of Drake’ steal blue bike. My bike is matted black, and old-ish. I hop and with baby Amy on my front. I will drive so slow that people will call me grandma ape. Bu I will get her safe and sound to the hospital.