youre gone

The sunlight lit up the morning sky, peering into every window possible. rolling around in the comfortable blankets, Tubbo let his eyes flutter open.

The air was cool and thin, the sun was brighter and stood out in the clear day, the birds were chirping still, despite the time, and this finally seemed like a perfect day to go see Tommy after so long.

The brunette hopped out of bed, tip-toeing out the room to not disturb his sleeping husband. He went through his morning routine, per usual and slipped out the door, letting the warm sun hit his pale skin.

sighing quietly, Tubbo gave one quick glance around before marching down the path he and Tommy had created some other day, before the prison visit.

they had spent all day building a path that travels from the hill of Tommy's home, all the way to snowchester. a lot of the day was spent bickering over what the path should be made out of, until Tubbo reluctantly allowed the blonde to win with his classic choice of wood. it didn't look too bad, though, considering how often they build things such as this.

it took awhile, but the brunette finally saw the dirt exterior of Tommy's house come into view. a smile grew on his tired face as the thought of seeing his best friend clouded his mind. how was this going to go? he didn't know. what were they going to do? he didn't know that either, but it was okay. stuff like that always came easily to the duo.

Tubbo shifted his feet, staring down the scrawny wooden door that separated the interior from him— that separated the sight of Tommy from Tubbo. he knocked quite a lot, playing out a rhythm as he slowly found a beat, only to be met with silence when nobody answered the door.

the short male cupped his hands around his eyes, leaning toward the open parts of the door in a pathetic attempt to see inside, furrowing his eyebrows when he inevitably failed. instead, he walked in with no invite, taking in the cold air that settled in his friends home.

it felt lonely, unused, untouched. nothing seemed to be out of place from the last time Tubbo had arrived here.

strange.

he decided to wander around, guessing that Tommy had just been in a secret room or some other area he had built into this place, but when he found no sign of human activity, his mind started to wander as well.

'where the hell is he?'

Tommy hiked up the large hill that rested behind his new house. he planned on turning this into something cool, but he couldn't think of anything just yet, surprisingly. ideas and choices fought over each other to the point that Tommy decided to discard them all and come up with something new, something better.

he didn't have many options, to be fair, considering his lack of supplies, but he would make it work, somehow.

the harsh rays of the sun brought sweat to his hairline that Tommy had to continuously swipe away in frustration. this didn't help his pounding headache and rushing thoughts, of course. he set a few supplies on the very top of the hill before running back down, almost tripping at how easily he slid down the grass.

progress was made, good progress. he had multiple houses done, leaving him with one more to go before he could find some way to put them to use.

one question, though, that couldn't be answered with some progress, dedication or hard work, was, what was he going to do about the extremely small population?— the lack of people? he didn't have his friends, no, he didn't have his old friends, the ones he left behind— but he was to blame for that, right? he couldn't fill up this village with them anyways, it would be torn apart in seconds, so, like always, he brought himself into bed to sink into his questioning mind.

"Ranboo? Ranboo?!"

"Tubbo? What is it?" Ranboo questioned, taking note of the shorter males frantic state as he approached him, placing a slender hand on Tubbos shoulder, almost cupping it.

"It's Tommy. he's gone, he's not home or anywhere. i even asked around, nobody's seen him in about a week" Tubbo blurted out, fiddling with his fingers as he tried to think of any logical explanation, his breath quickening when he couldn't.

"he's gone? Tommy's gone?"

"he's gone, ranboo. i don't know where he could even be, or why he would leave"

Ranboo didn't say anything, except he just pulled Tubbo into his arms, trying his best to comfort the scared male, despite not handling these things too well.

"we'll find him, Tubbo. we'll find him"

———
LMAOO IT SOUNDS LIKE RANBOO AND TUBBO HAVE A MISSING CHILD OR SOMETHING- IM SORRY, ITS SO CRINGY BUT I NEED TUBBO ANGST SO SHHH