gathering goods

The inky sky blanketed itself with dark clouds, where the dim sun promised to peak out. trees outlined the path of lifeless grass that was stained with traces of mud, presumably left by the people who once walked here. an iron axe was pulled out of the bark of a random tree that could be easily lost in the variety of them. despite being quite large— and quite dangerous— it was still being absentmindedly twirled in a blondes hands, it repeatedly threatened to drop to the ground before Tommy inevitably gave up and tightened his grip around the wooden handle, holding it close to his side.

It finally appeared to be the right time to gather some food— if possible— and Tommy had a plan. he would set off early in the morning to get as much food as he could, raw or not, then head back to a occupied village he had passed during his travels to cook his findings if needed.

he had been walking for awhile now, the sun rose and lit up the afternoon sky to the best of its abilities, despite being easily covered, but there was still no luck. Tommy couldn't find anything, he couldn't even hear the slightest sounds of lingering animals.

yet his desires were handed to him when he came across a very tiny town that only consisted of 5 buildings, one of which was a food shop and the owner of it just happened to be away from the counter.

The tall blonde strutted over behind the many structures that kept him hidden, beginning to lower himself once he finally approached where he needed to go. he could hear faint voices from the back of the large shop, they sounded familiar.

creeping over quietly, avoiding multiple crunchy leaves and easily breakable twigs, Tommy finally reached the wooden counter that stuck out and casted a shadow on the rocky ground, he used this to shield himself from anyone's line of vision. he waited until the voices faded a bit more and stuck the top of his head over the thick platform that was formally above him.

The crouched male scanned the inside of the obscure food shop, smirking when a variety of fruits caught his eye. he quickly launched himself over the counter, stopping his movement abruptly once he landed to not draw any attention to his presence. despite hearing voices in the shop, he couldn't see anyone or anything around.

the vibrant fruit ahead of Tommy broke his train of thought as he remembered what he came here for. he pulled the bottom of his shirt away from his stomach and used the fabric as a bowl by stuffing many different heathy foods into the dent he created.

"Hey! what are you doing?!" a voice called out, easily detectable anger looping throughout their words.

without looking back, tommy closed the pit in his shirt and hauled himself out the shop, trying his best not to fall. "Fuck off, i need this" he yelled back, his voice faltering between heavy breathing and careless footsteps.

"come on! that's my best selling fruit" their harsh tone almost caught tommy off guard.

almost.

he slipped through the lanky trees, stumbling over sticks and hopping over fallen tree trunks, yet the voice didn't seem to be too distant.

"oh my god" they called out once again, their footsteps drawing closer.

before tommy could process what happened, he was laying on his stomach with the stolen fruits scattered around in the dirt and his hands pulled behind his back.

the masculine voice scoffed as their tall, thin figure knelt down more to get a better look at the thieves face. it was silent for a few moments before tommys hands were released and pushed down back to his torso.

"tommy. what the hell are you doing out here, stealing my food, running through a dangerous area and getting yourself hurt?" they stepped back, giving the boy room to pull himself up. "seriously?"

"hold on, what the fuck are you doing out here? in a food shop too. come on, techno, youre better than this"

techno didn't respond, he just simply collected the dirty food and walked off, not answering any further questions that tommy called out.

—-
hii!! i'm back :]

this is a really short chapter but i wanted to publish something before i unintentionally take a month long break