Chapter Eleven: Dinner

I stayed to help Madison choose what to wear before heading back home, still dripping wet and in a towel.

My dad went back inside preseumably, because he wasn't on the back porch when I climbed over the fence.

I walked quietly into the house, accidently slamming the screen door behind me. I cringed, waiting for my dad to come flying down the stairs screaming his head off. The last time I slammed a door, I didnt hear the end of it for two weeks.

"Mom?" I said quietly, climbing up the stairs towards her room.

I pushed her bedroom door open, it creaking prefusely. She was sitting on her bed, talking on the phone about some important work stuff by the sounds of it.

I walked around her room, looking out windows and fiddling with different things until she was done.

She hung up and eyed me, noting the fact that I was dripping all of the the floor. I used the end of the towel to wipe it up a little bit before looking back at her with a small smile on my face.

"Avalon, go get dressed before you ruin the hardwood floors."

"I need to ask you a question first."

She nodded at me to continue, picking up a boring looking magazine from the floor.

"So the De La Garza's are going out to dinner and they want us to come. Including dad."

"Avalon, of course you can go we don't really have any other plans. And sure, why not I'll go aswell. I should really get to know Dianna better."

"What about dad?"

She sighed, then did this annoying smile she always does when she tries to think of the best way to deliver what she considers 'bad news'

"I'm not sure your father is up to going out right now." She finally managed to spit out.

I mean, it's not like I was expecting a different answer, but still hurt. I absolutely hate when she calls dad 'my father' or 'my dad' because it sounds like they are divorced and have absolutely nothing to do with each other. But in reality, they are 'happily' married.

"I'll tell them that he's not coming. We are leaving soon so you might want to get changed"

"Go get dressed yourself." I turned around and headed out of the room. Suddenly wondering where dad even was, I turned around to ask mom if she knew. Her head was in her hands. I gulped, deciding that it didn't really matter where my dad was and walked off toward my room.

I changed into a blue dress that went to about mid thigh. Checking myself out in the mirror, I walked over to my bathroom to dry and straightened my hair. My bathroom is beside my moms, and I heard her rummaging in her cabinets getting ready. I smiled to myself, relieved that she wasn't still sitting on her bed depressed.

I walked back into her bathroom after I was done, sitting on her countertops and watched as she finished applying her makeup. We talked about pointless things and caught up, with me suddenly realizing that I've probably spent more time at Maddie's house than my own.

And that made me sad because I've practically ditched her in this big, empty house. Acacia is gone, I'm barely there, and her so called life long partner is eternally pissed off.

I texted Madison, asking her which restaurant we were going to.

To Avalon: idk I've lived here for like a month you figure it out

To Madison: what do you feel like can we just to mcdonalds 😂

To Avalon: no im wearing a dress. im a classy bitch

I internally rolled my eyes and grabbed my moms car keys from her, knowing that she always forgets them.

I got to the car first and got into the passenger side, wincing in pain when the burning hot metal slightly burned my skin. 'Goddamn seatbelt' I muttered to myself, pulling out my phone again to text Maddie the address of a cute little restaurant downtown that i decided on.

"Where to?" My mom asked, getting into the seat beside me.

"Downtown. You know that tiny restaurant beside Kelly's?"

She nodded, pulling out of the driveway and I saw Maddie's car pull out a couple seconds after.

We parked and sat down at a booth large enough to fit 6 people to wait for the De La Garza's to arrive. I saw Eddie's large frame make its way into the restaurant so I waved him down to get his attention.

The De La Garza family made its way through the restaurant, with Eddie leading the pack, a huge smile evident on his face.

"Hi! I'm Eddie, you must be Andrea." He said, pulling my mom into a warm hug.

"Hey" Madison said, sliding into the booth beside me and Dallas falling in behind her.

"What's good here?" Dallas asked, immediately opening the menu.

"I usually get that pasta." I said, pointing at one if the options on Dallas's menu.

"Hi. My name is Connor and I'll be your server this evening. Is there any drinks I could get to start you off?" A sexy ass voice said and I immediately looked up to see Dallas blushing so much her face was basically red.

"Um. J-just a coke please." She managed to get out, face turning mor red if it's even possible.

I glanced at Maddie to see her looking between Dallas and the waiter with her eyebrows raised.

I mean I don't really blame Dallas because, damn. That waiter though.

He took everyone's drink order and left the table, Dallas immediately covered her face with her hands. Madison laughed.

She peeked one eye out between her fingers and glared at Maddie.

"Omg shut up." She muttered, causing Maddie to laugh even harder.

I looked around, Dallas looked like she wanted to go die, Madison looked like she was going to pee herself laughing, both our mothers were stifling a grin. Eddie just looked uncomfortable as hell.

Me, I just couldn't wait for the waiter to come back because I dint think Dallas would be able to handle it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This update is awkwardly late omg I didn't realize how much time had passed aha oops
This story was added to someone's reading list entitled waiting for updates so I thought I'd better update real quick 😂