Chapter Two: Life Chats and Zac Efron

"Ew my face in that one." I said, examining the picture that Maddie took of us on her phone.

"Ew and my hair!" She replied, deleting the picture.

We both fixed our hair to pose for another one.

"Perfect!" Maddie yelled uploading it to Instagram. "What should the caption be?"

"I dunno." I replied, laying back down on a the carpet, grabbing the blanket that I pushed aside when Maddie suggested we take a picture for Instagram.

After we had gone swimming, we both went back to our own houses to get changed. Now were were laying on the floor of my basement in front of the tv. We weren't actually watching it, it wasn't even on. We were just listening to music lying there, talking about random crap.

"You are sooooo helpful thank you." She rolled her eyes and typed something out on her phone.

I heard my phone vibrate where I had left it beside me. I rolled over and unlocked to see the picture we just took that Maddie had tagged me in.

It read "So Canada isn't so bad after all 🍁 @itsavalon"

I noticed that her Instagram name was 'madisonthearealist' and that she had 169k followers which confirmed my suspicions that she is THE Madison De La Garza.

"Imma follow you' She said and sure enough I got the notification two seconds later.

It was silent for a few seconds before Maddie broke the silence, saying something that I was hoping she wouldn't notice.

"I see you follow me already."

"Ummmmm. Yeah. In my defense, I didn't know who you were when we first met, so don't think that I'm only talking to you because your Demi's little sister." I said, sitting up straight and looking over at her.

"Don't worry, I don't. It's just that the fact that i'm Demi's little sister isn't the first thing I like to tell people."

"Do you ever get people who try to be your friend just to find out that all they wanted was to get Demi's autograph?"

"Yeah an unfortunate amount of 'friends' turned out to be like that." She mumbled, staring down at her phone.

I scooched over closer to Maddie and wrapped her in a hug cause it looked like she was close to tears.

"It's okay, you don't need those bitches anyway. You get this cool cat instead!" I said, waving my arms around.

She chucked a pillow at my face, "Please don't ever say 'cool cat' again" she said, shaking her head and laughing.

We ordered pizza for dinner and when it arrived we brought it back down to our little fort in the basement. It wasn't much of a fort really, It was just a bunch of blankets, pillows, and a matress we dragged over all piled on top of each other.

"So doesn't your mom want you home or anything? I mean, it's your first night in canada!" I said through a mouthful of pizza. I was on my fourth slice, no shame.

"Oh god, I totally forgot about that! It feels like I've been here forever! Like, the plane got in from LA like this morning. I woke up in my house in LA this morning. WOAH that so wierd!"

"That happens to me all the time when I get back from vacation, it really fucks with my brain."

"I haven't even set up my room yet! Do you want to help me tomorrow?"

"Yeeeee I'm not doing anything so why not!"

We were watching That Awkward Moment on the TV, so both me and Maddie quickly shut up and resumed watching the movie.