Chapter Nine: Squad

'Hey Mads?" I asked, looking up from my phone.

We were sitting on the bar stools in Maddie's kitchen eating ice cream.

"Yeah?" She said, licking digging her spoon into the carton because who needs bowls?

"A friend of mine just got back from pittsburgh so me and my friends might go see a movie."

"Avalon, are you asking for my permission to go out with your friends?" She laughed.

"No, I'm asking to see if you wanted to come with, dummie."

"Well, what movie?"

"I don't know yet."

"I'm not really doing anything else so why not! When do we leave?"

"Like an hour?" I said, completely guessing.

"An hour!!! I HAVE TO GET READY!" She screamed, running up stairs.

"THAT WAS A GUESS!!" I screamed, runnning up the stairs.

"What should I wear?" She asked, throwing open her closet door.

"I don't care, like a sweatshirt and leggings or something."

"That's it? What are you wearing?" She asked, poking her head out of her closet to look at me

I gestured to my leggings and sweatshirt that I was already wearing before sitting down on her bed.

"Thats it? Your gonna go out in public looking all hobo chic?"

"My friends are really lowkey chill. Don't even worry about it."

Madison rolled her eyes at me before heading back into her closet and comming out again in a hoodie and leggings.

We were both ready 20 minutes later and we trampled back downstairs.

"Where are you guys going?" Dallas said, eating out of the ice cream container that Madison had abandoned.

"Out to the movies with some friends" Maddie replied, grabbing her purse from the front hall.

Dallas snorted, "What friends Madison, you literally only know Avalon."

"Okay, out with Avalon's friends from school. And you don't know anyone either, Dallas."

"Av, where can I meet some really cool 26 year olds?"

"Try the seniors center. That's where all the old people are." I replied with a straight face, Maddie bursting into laughter behind me.

"Rude little fuckers." Dallas said, stomping up the stairs and I noticed that the ice cream container never left her side.

"Come on, my mom will drive us." I said, walking out of the back of her house towards mine.

"MOM!!!" I yelled once we got inside.

"Office!" I heard her shout from somewhere in upstairs.

"Could you maybe drive me and Maddie to the movies? We are meeting Jamie and the others."

"Give me 5 minutes sweetie, I just have to send this email."

"Yeah sure, whenever your done. But the movie starts at 2:10, so before then preferably."

We walked across the house to my room, plopping ourselves down on my bean bags.

"So, tell me about the people we are seeing this movie with." Maddie said, wrapping her arms around herself and leaving back into the bean bag. 

"Um right now I know that Jamie, Isabel and Dillon are coming. I don't know about Lily, she doesn't usually come out with us because she likes to stay home, I don't know why."

"Are they like, your main squad?"

"Okay ew, we are not 'squad goals' or anything, I don't know they are just my friends"

"Which one is the one that was in pittsburgh?"

"Dillon. Her uncle is some big shot hockey player so her family travels down there alot."

Maddie nodded, processing the information and my mom walked into my room, swinging her purse onto her shoulder.

"Let's go ladies!" She exclaimed.

I live fairly close to the movie theatre so it was a short car ride. I could see Dillon getting out of the car when we pulled up, so I ran out.

"AVALON!" I heard her squeal after I tackled her into a hug. "It's been way too long girl!"

"Maybe don't trapieze down to Pittsburgh so often!" I said, pulling back from our hug. Madison stopped at my shoulder and Dillon looked between the two of us, raising her eyebrows at me to explain.

"Dillon, this is Madison. She moved in next door."

"Oh cool! Hey, nice to meet you, I'm dillon. I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!" She gushed, grabbing a few strands of Madison's purple hair.

"Thanks!" Madison said and I could tell that she already loved Dillon. 

"Hey you guys!" I turned around to see Isabel walking towards us, Chanel purse tossed over her shoulder. I mentally rolled my eyes at this girls expensive taste. She literally has a coach pencil case.

She eyed Madison before looking at me, and I could feel the judge. Isabel judges everyone, and everything. And I could tell by standing there that she was judging Maddie's hair hardcore.

'Who's this? Your girlfriend?" She laughed, but I didn't think it was all that funny.

You see, Isabel has had this theory that I am an in the closet lesbian, because I gush about Demi alot. I am hoping that she doesn't share this aloud right this second because Madison is standing beside me and Isabel obviously doesn't know who Madison is. 

"Um no. Sorry to dissapoint, but I'm just a friend."

"Ohh, you here that Avalon? Rejected. Maybe she'd be into you if you had bigger boobs. Like me." She said, flipping her hair behind her shoulder.

I looked down at my medium sized chest before looking back at Madison.

"Okay, I'm not lesbian either but you'd have to be blind not see that Avalon is gorgeous as hell." Madison spat out, glaring at Isabel.

Isabel only rolled her eyes before brushing past all of us, leading the way inside and of course, Madison, Dillon and I all followed. 

We were paying for popcorn when Jamie came barreling inside and made a beeline straight towards us. 

"Sorry I'm late" She panted, "John was being a fucking idiot. Oh, hi." She breathed, once she spotted Maddie. 

Maddie waved in response, then look at me with raised eyebrows, obviously asking who the hell John is.

'Her twin' I mouthed in her direction.

We sat down in the back row and put our feet up. We were seeing some random movie that Dillon picked, so there wasn't that many people there.

It was a boring ass movie to be honest, but it was fun seeing some friends again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

really boring, i know.  also, i don't think people realize how much of this is based off of real life. except for the whole living beside the delagarza's of course. and my dad thankfully didn't commit

Calm before the storm bitches <3