Chapter Ten: Water Wars

"THEREESSSSSSSS A HUNDRED AND FOUR DAYS OF SUMMER VACATION AND SCHOOL COMES JUST TO END ITTTTTT" I screamed, floating around my pool on an inner tube.

"AND THE ANNUAL PROBLEM OF OUR GENERATION IS FINDING A GOOD WAY TO SPENDDDDD ITTTTTTTT" Madison screamed back, kicking off the wall and floating right into me.

I kicked her tube hard and she screamed even louder than before, trying to keep her balance.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone open up a window on the second floor of Madison's house. Before I could react, Dallas chucked down a water balloon that hit Maddie square in the back of her head.

Of course, that made Madison scream even louder if thats even possible and I cheered Dallas on from where I was safely floating on the other side of the pool.

"You guys, can you shut the fuck up a little, there are other people trying to live around here."

"Can you stop being a kill joy and come down and swim with us?!" I yelled up to her.

"No. I'm painting my nails." She slammed her window shut again.

"Loser." I said, and looked back to where Maddie was floating before, but she wasn't there.

I mean, her tube was, but she wasn't in it.

I looked at the bottom of the pool to see if she was drowning or something, but she wasnt there either. Assuming that she got out to grab a pool noodle or something, I leaned back and closed my eyes.

SPLASH

I swam to the surface and coughed, trying to get water out of my lungs, 

I rubbed water out of my eyes to see madison smirking at me, clinging onto what used to be my tube.

"You little fucker!" I screamed, swimming towards her and splashing her, causing her to take cover on the other side of the tube.

I grabbed what used to be her tube to use as cover and splashed more water her.

"THIS IS WAR!" Madison screamed and our splashing turned into a full fledged water war

I was determined to win, but so was maddie and we both got very tired, very quickly. We were still lowkey screaming when my dad stormed outside.

Upon seeing him, I immediately shut up knowing that he doesn't really like noise, but Maddie was facing the other way and kept screaming obcenties at me. 

I tried to signal her to shut the fuck up but she didn't notice and swam closer to push me under. 

When I surfaced, my dad was standing by the pool edge, a steely glare on his face.

"We were just getting out." I mumbled, stepping up the stairs and grabbing a towel. I glanced behind me to see Maddie following, thank the lord.

I fast walked to the fence and climbed over, Madison scrambling after me. I paused on Madison's porch before going in, turning to look to see if my dad was still there.

His was and his eyes were staring into mine. I gulped and opened the screendoor, pushing my way inside. 

"That was fucking wierd." Maddie said, grabbing her towel around her head, shaking some water out. 

I didn't resond and did the same, trying not to drip all over Madison's kitchen.

"What was wierd?" Dallas asked, walking down the stairs into the kitchen, "And why are you both dripping? Could you not dried yourselves off before you walking into my kitchen?"

"Its my kitchen to, bitch." Madison said, flipping her off.

I didn't say anything, I was just praying that why it was wierd isn't brought up again.

"Actually, It's my kitchen." Dianna said, walking in from the living room, "And Madison, call your sister a bitch again and your grounded. You wouldn't want to be grounded for the last two weeks of summer, do you?" She said, walking out. 

Me and Madison looked at each other with wide eyes, the fact that summer is almost over dawning on us.

"WAIT MOM!" Maddie yelled, "AM I EVEN ENROLLED IN A SCHOOL YET!" 

Dianna walked back in with surprise on her face, "Oh. I forgot to. What school do you want to go to?"

"Oh my god mom, how did you forget? Can you even get into a school two weeks before school starts?" Dallas asked, sitting down on a bar stool. 

"We'll talk about it after, could you guys go upstairs and get changed your dripping all over my tile." Dianna said, "And wear something nice, we're going out to dinner. Avalon, feel free to invite your parents too!"

I nodded my head, following Maddie upstairs. 

Something tells me that my dad will not be up for going to dinner. 

~~~~~~~~~~

kinda short, oops. drama ahead :)

em