⁰³, champs!

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞'𝐬

chapter three; champs!

"Yes, you know me too well, Teddy."

Jane Mary Black

Jane Mary Black

I'M SCRIBBLING WORDS IN MY NOTEBOOK. Many words covering the former pages too. There are too many articles and pictures stuck in my notebook. I write everything in here, I have numerous more hidden in the bottom of my clothing drawer and other places. Since my first year, I've been writing all my thoughts down on paper. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I read through some of them. It's not really a diary, more like a journal. It's therapeutic in a way. 

At the moment I'm writing down a better way to make the Veritaserum potion because we are studying it today along with some other potions. I know how to make it, I'm good with Potions and I've done it a few times already. Professor Slughorn loves me and he keeps asking me to join his dinners. The fun thing is Eden dragged me to the first one, I didn't want to go but she got her way, then she set me up with Teddy Ledwell. Campbell's best friend, and well we hit it off. Teddy was the first guy I stepped into a relationship with, we broke up just before the summer though. Like always I lost interest and feelings. I was angry at myself for the first two weeks. Teddy is a good guy and I really hoped it would work. Surprise, it didn't, of course, it didn't, maybe I'm not meant for affection. 

I turn my head up when the classroom door opens, two boys that I know all too well walk inside. They talk to Slughorn for a few seconds as I watch them. Teddy hasn't changed much, his hair is still the same, maybe he's gotten a little taller, but furthermore nothing new. His green eyes are shining bright as a smile plays around his lips. Hair falling before his eyes a little as the other boy starts to talk. Harrison Grey. I think if I have to name one person I hate the most it's him. He's a jerk, since the moment I met him he's all but nice to me. His good looks are nothing next to his ugly personality. He was always throwing comments at me when I was with teddy and I hated it. I loathe thinking that maybe he was a reason why I broke it off with Teddy. 

Then a pair of green eyes meet mine, he stares at me for a moment before breaking eye contact. He says something to Slughorn and then starts to walk over to me. I quickly lay my eyes back on the notebook. But it doesn't help, the next thing I know the chair next to me scratches against the tiles. In the corner of my eye, I see him getting comfortable. It's silent for a moment before I turn my head towards him. "Hey, stranger." He says. I glance at his facial expression, but I see no hate or sorrow. "Hey, Teddy." I greet him slowly. "I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you." I stare at him as he continues talking, I still expected him to start yelling at me as he did on that day, but there is not hatred either. He is just Teddy again like nothing happened. "We've been here two days," I tell him. "I know, but I wanted to talk to you." He wants to talk to me? About what. "I see you've changed a bit over the summer. He's right, I did, quite a bit actually. "Yeah.." I laugh quietly. "You look good. How have you been?" "I'm doing all right." I nod. "Great, anyway, I wanted to ask if you're coming to watch the quidditch match later today?" "Yeah, I am, Eden is playing." He nods. His eyes move to my notebook and I quickly shut it closed. "Still writing in those journals?" I look at him again. "Yes, you know me too well, Teddy." He doesn't meet my eyes for a few seconds and I feel like I said something wrong.