²¹, sweaters

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞'𝐬

chapter twenty-one; sweaters

""

Jane Mary Black

Jane Mary Black

THE DORMITORY DOOR OPENS QUIETLY, but still, I wake from it. I then realise I almost slept through the whole night, I only woke up once because it was too warm. As I slowly open my eyes I feel cold surrounding me. Then I hear footsteps and another door opening. "Goodmorning Eli." It's coopers voice. "What? We didn't do anything. Don't worry." I frown a bit. Did Cooper just suggest..Elijah and me? Elijah and me.. "I'm not saying anything. It's just–well, I know you and her." Both of them chuckle, "We're not doing that. She definitely has to figure things out with Harrison first." "Yeah, well, whatever that is, I think you–" And the rest I don't hear because a door closes. "Anyway, I had a good evening. You?" "It was good. What did you do." Elijah now steps into my sight, so I close my eyes when he turns around. "I was with Eden." "You always are." "Yeah, same goes for you and Jane." Elijah lets out a chuckle and then there is the sound of a drawer opening. I slowly open my eyes to see Elijah's muscled back. There is a towel hanging low around his hips. I let my eyes fall over his shoulders and back and for a moment the thought of running my fingers over his back runs through my mind, his body against mine, our faces closer than we ever have been, him and me, before Cooper interrupts the hot and messy fantasy. Elijah puts on a blue sweater just before a breeze flows past me from the open window.

A shiver runs down my spine and I pull the sheets closer. I let out a breath of air before curling into a bowl of warmth. "Morning," I hear Elijah say. I let out a grunt instead of talking. "Wake up sunshine!" "Shut it, Cooper," I huff trying to fall back asleep. Elijah laughs. And then the door smashes open and I turn my head to see. It's Eden, looking absolutely furious, only wearing a blanket. "You are an asshole, Cooper!" She states dropping a pair of ropes in his hand. "You love me-" Cooper starts with a sly smile. "Screw you-" she only responds before disappearing out of sight. Now I'm fully awake. I get up straight, take the sweatshirt that lays stuffed between pillows and pull it over my head. I always sleep with a sweater in my hands and Elijah always lends me one when I'm sleeping over. Very sweet of him. "What was that all about?" I ask Cooper. "Nothing," He grins. "Anyways, I need to go, have something to do before I make it up to her." Then he takes a sweater from his closet and leaves.

The boy, now fully dressed, turns to look at me. "You staying?" I shake my head, "No, I have to go and study and then I'm going to talk to Teddy. If he wants to talk." Elijah nods. "It will be fine. You've been friends this whole year, even after the breakup." I nod. "We'll see. Maybe I'll come by tonight for a midnight snack, you in?" He nods with a grin before walking into the bathroom. As he does I get out of his bed, and look around for my pants. I don't care to ask Elijah to stay away, he has seen me in underwear before, all though that has been months and months ago and that was a time I didn't wear thongs or lace bras. But whatever. I duck down to get my trousers, they're dark blue, matching Elijah's sweater–why does that even matter? As I turn back around I meet Elijah's eyes, he clears his throat. "I'm going now, I'll see you tonight." He looks a bit flushed. "Bye, Eli." He nods and then leaves the dorm. I chuckle before pulling up my trousers.