¹⁴, wrong but good

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞'𝐬

chapter fourteen; wrong but good

"you won't be able to walk when I am done with you, darling."

Jane Mary Black

Jane Mary Black

THREE DAYS HAVE PASSED. My nose has healed, thanks to Madam Pomfrey, she's great. But that is the least of my problems, I feel guilty with mixed emotions. It wasn't supposed to happen but it did and I tried to deny it but it's all I've been thinking about. I even dreamed about his touch. He didn't try and speak to me after our last conversation, the one where I had a broken nose and he just won a match, neither did I. I also feel guilty because I had sex with Teddy's best friend. I know he still has feelings for and I go around and do this. I wonder if Harrison told Teddy...no, he wouldn't, then I would've known by now. I'm laying flat on my bed as I think about that night. I think Eden knows, Elijah talked, he knew I spend my night somewhere else, all three of them know something. Eden saw Harrison and me standing outside the stadium that day. She hasn't brought it up but I think she knows it was him.

I brush my hands through my hair as I sit up and let out a soft groan. I messed up and I don't know how to fix it. I need to tell Teddy that we're not going to happen, that he needs to let me go. The sun is already going down when I glance towards the window. Tonight we're making preparations for our next prank. We're going to plan before dinner. Gives me enough time to take a shower and do something else seeming everyone is still in class. I can't help but start to cry when I'm showering, I'm so exhausted and frustrated and all these things on my mind are not helping. I want to talk to someone, I want to talk to Eden but I don't want to put my same old bullshit on her again. I hate putting my problems on others, instead, I just ignore them and do something stupid. I need to get things straight with Teddy though..

After changing into some comfortable clothes I make my way to the boy's dorms. When passing Elijah and Cooper's dorm I stop walking and rethink telling Teddy. I will only hurt his feelings..but we're not getting back together so it's best if I just tell him straight up. He deserves someone better than me, someone, who can say those three words. I keep walking until I'm at the familiar door. The hallway is quiet and no one is to be seen. I don't even know if he's here, maybe he has class like most. Like the great student I am, I'm skipping class. I wipe the ends of my sweater over my cheeks just to be sure there are no lost tears still rolling down. Then I pull together all the courage and knock on the door. It will be fine.

Instead of green eyes, I meet brown ones. I can feel my cheeks flush, I didn't think about this happening. "Harrison..um-is Teddy here?" I take a moment to study his face, he looks tired and his eyes are swollen. "No, he's in class." He says it like I should've known. "Oh, right, yea..of course.." I look down. "Right..well, I should go then." We meet eyes again before I turn around and start to walk. "Jane?" His voice makes me freeze. "Yea?" I glance towards him. "You could wait for him if you want?" I don't think it over, "Thanks, Harrison." I walk back over to him. Inside I look around for a moment. Teddy's bed is a mess like always and I'm contemplating if I want to sit on that. "I'm sorry about the mess, you know how Teddy is," Harrison says as he sits down on his own. I let out a soft chuckle. Now I'm just awkwardly standing here.