Think I Really Only Cried Just Once

Okay, so the first part I wrote got lost and I had to start from here. Nate isn't dating Rachel in this story. He's dating a girl Erin and she tried to commit suicide. If I'm getting medical information wrong, forgive me and I hope you like it!

-------

All he could do was bang his head against the wall. All your fault, Erin's words ran in Nate's troubled head. It's my fault she's here. Why she's like this...

Nate saw doctors rush by. He hadn't gone to the hospital much but luckily he'd gotten Erin there in time. He didn't know what was yet to come but he still hoped for Erin to be alright. Nate was about to run his fingers through his hair but he stopped, remembering the blood on his hands. Even though Erin was weak she still put up a fight, refusing to go to the hospital.

Just as he exhaled he saw Jack rush over to him.

"What the hell's going on?" he asked.

"Erin-she -she slit- it's all my fault!" Nate cried. Jack knitted his eyebrows.

"Erin what?"

Nate held his hands on his forehead.

"Erin...she...slit her wrist." Nate said breathing heavily.

"What?" Jack cried.

"It's all my fault." Nate whimpered

"No, it's not." Jack assured him. He put his arm around Nate but Nate slid to the floor.

"You brought her here, didn't you?" Jack asked softly.

Nate nodded.

"Then you're only helping her. Why did she do it?"

"We were fighting and she started saying that I didn't love her and that I needed to tell her and she got a knife. I had it away from her but she got it back." Nate explained.

"Oh my god." Jack said.

"What am I gonna do?"

Jack shrugged.

A doctor came over to Nate.

"She's okay."

Nate stood up.

"Really?"

The doctor nodded.

"She was lucky. You got her here just in time." The doctor explained.

Nate sighed with relief.

"I'm transferring her over to the psychiatric ward."

"Why?" Nate asked.

"Erin needs help."

Nate looked to the floor and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Is he alright?" The doctor asked Jack.

"I'm not sure." Jack replied. No one ever knew for sure if Nate was okay or just faking it.