I Need to Know Where to Turn

Avril trudged into her apartment and flopped down on the couch.

"Fuck you, Nate Ruess!" She screamed.

"What?" Ariana appeared out of her bedroom. She had a robe put messily on.

"Sorry. I didn't think you'd be home."

"I didn't think you would."

"Did I wake you up?"

"Um..." Ariana didn't finish. Liam walked out of her bedroom. He widened his eyes when he saw Avril.

He turned back to the room.

"Not so fast." Avril said. She glared at the two of them.

"So you're together now?" She asked. Avril honestly didn't care what Liam did. After all, she'd never really liked him.

"I wanted to tell you but..." Ariana began. Avril didn't let her finish. She sighed.

"I don't care if you're with him."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Good. So where's Nate?" Ariana asked. Avril's insides shattered. She'd forgotten about him for a good five minutes.

"At the club." She replied.

"Weren't you gonna tell him that you like him?" Ariana asked. She sat down on the couch after Liam had went back into her room.

"I did." Avril blinked back tears. How could she have been so stupid? She should've known what a mess this would be. She should have kept her feelings inside.

"What'd he say?" Ariana asked eagerly, leaning forward.

Avril exhaled. "He said that he doesn't want to be with me." She finally said.

Ariana's face turned sympathetic.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm fine."

"Then why do you look like you're gonna cry?"

Avril started to cry. She felt like a little girl. Broken hearted over some guy. It wasn't her style. Ariana hugged her.

"He didn't choose you over Erin, did he?" Ariana asked hesitantly after the hug was over.

"Not that I know of." Avril wiped her eyes. Was he with Erin right now? God knows what they could be doing right now...

"Well, if he does, he's an asshole."

That didn't help Avril at all. It just made her even more upset.

I know it's a bit short but oh well. I really want you guys to let me know what you think. And I can't believe no one has said anything about the cover, oh my god. Say thanks to one of my Twitter followers for it! Happy reading.